The Wedding

[Edited]

[Time skip to the wedding day]

Abhiraj's POV

I was sitting in the mandap waiting for the love of my life to arrive. After the gruelling week of not being able to see her or talk to her, I'm finally marrying her. I waited for her patiently as I did whatever the priest instructed me to do. After praying in front of the fire for the fifth time, it was time for her to come out.

And there she came, in her gorgeous red lehenga, accompanied by my sister, her sister and friends. Her face was hidden by a veil but I knew she looked gorgeous.

She sat beside me and the rituals continued.
We did the seven rounds around the fire, praying to the fire god, I put sindoor on her head and a mangal sutra around her neck. Announcing to the world that she's officially mine.

We took blessings from our family and relatives and finally, it was time for her to leave her family. And boy, it hurt to watch her cry.
Dixit looked like he was about to take his sister, lock her up and never let her leave. Considering his personality he was definitely considering so I glared at him and he tsked, so he was considering it. What a crazy guy. But I understand his sentiment, even though I was like that when Sam was leaving us. I cried after ages for ages. But I was young then. Sam married at an early age, so I was a kid back then.

_ I patted Myra's back as she silently wept beside me in the car.
I hugged her after a while and she visibly calmed down after a while.
More rituals were left for when we reached my mansion.

__

But by the time we were done with all the rituals it was almost dawn. Today I'm sleeping till the evening otherwise I'm not sleeping at all.

Myra and I entered my room and, she went straight to the closet room, where the vanity shelf was. She must be tired and even though it's starting to get a bit cold all the marriage rituals made me sweaty, too much sweaty for my liking.

I made my way in to look at her taking off her jewellery. "May I help?" I asked, it was kinda suggestive from my side, but as I had expected she didn't understand.

I approached her and started to take off her hairpins and extensions and jewellery in her head, very gently, careful enough not to tug on her roots.
"Mmm, I might fall asleep." She chuckled.
"Don't sleep, baby. You have yet to change." I said as I finished taking off her hair accessories.
After that, I took off her neck accessories and left the earrings for her. Those were risky. I instructed her to stand up. She quizzically did so and proceeded to take off her earnings and I slowly took off her waistband.
Her eyes widened as she realised what I was doing.
"Stop doing this." She whined as she looked at me through the mirror as she took off her other earnings.
"What?" I innocently said, "I am just taking off your kamarband." I put the waistband on the shelf and she turned around.
"Now leave, I have to get a bath and change, I'll be done in an instant." She said as she pushed on my chest.

"We should get a bath together, you know, save water and time." I held her waist.
"No way!" She pushed me out of the closet room and closed the door, but it didn't have a bolt.

"Abhiraj Rajvansh, if you enter the closet before I come out, I'm divorcing you." She threatened and I laughed.

When said she would be out in a jiffy, she was kidding, because the sky was all too bright now, and I knew I wasn't getting any sleep.

She came out wearing one of my shirts and sweatpants. And I just started at her. Oh, I'm not sleeping alright and neither is she.
"What? They're comfortable." She said clueless.
Oh baby, if you knew what you have done, you wouldn't have done this.