I Wish I Had Popcorn With Me

[Edited]

We got out of the bathroom and the engagement ceremony had started already. We made our way to Samaira's table as Kritika and Pankaj put rings on each other's fingers. I felt goosebumps on my arm.
"Are you cold?" Raj asked me and I shook my head.

"Now my friends, I have something to share with all of you. I thought I was the happiest man alive when Kritika accepted my proposal but," fucking lying bastard,  "she gifted me something that made me even happier." He said and held Kritika by the waist and announced, "Kritika is expecting." And everyone jeered and cheered.
I tsked, "I wanna puke." I said.
Everyone at my table, except for Diksh gave me a weird look.
"That's so unladylike." Shiv punched me on my arm.
"You're the one to talk." I nudged her.

It's about time it starts. I got all serious again. Raj sensed my change in demeanour and looked at me intently.
"It's nothing," I assured him.

"Let's walk down memory lane a bit-" Pankaj was cut off as the whiteboard turned on and a video started to play.
It was a video of Pankaj and Kritika being all happy and shit. I gagged. The date was, the 12th of June 2014, when Pankaj and I were still dating. Okay now, this was a piece of information I didn't know, but oh well, I don't give a fuck about it anymore.

This must be Fatima's work. Good job girl, you're starring as my next main character in my game for sure!

Fatima was a D-grade model.
She was talented, but she had the heart of a snake, but she was loyal. One of her good points.
She hated Kritika with passion, and since I was her friend she hated me too. She was the one who told me where Pankaj was that day, thanks to her I'm not with him, so I'm paying her back.

The slides kept on changing and suddenly the scenes changed and now it was Kritika with different influential people from the business world and modelling agencies.
Everyone gasped at the scandalous pictures. Pankaj was speechless and Kritika was trembling. Even I was shocked. Just how low did you go, Kritika?  Honestly, I was disappointed.

I was not expecting this, I started at the screen with my mouth gaping like a fish. Fatima is a venomous snake. Thank god she's not my enemy.
Then the reports of Pankaj being infertile came on the screen. Now that was something I gave her. Pankaj and I went for a health checkup once and the reports came to me. I was heartbroken but didn't want to upset Pankaj so I told him that I was infertile. Oh, what a foolish saint I was back then, but it all turned out for the better.
The young heirs of the business people here were busy recording the scandal, I was too. Won't miss this opportunity, I'll cherish these pics in my archives. The Oberoi family looked ashamed, I felt bad for them, but I can't let a slut like her into the Oberoi family. I kind of ended up doing Pankaj a favor but it's alright. As long he suffered a bit as well. 

Kritika was panicking, she kept on saying that the pictures were photoshopped and shit but then Fatima made her entry. And that was a whole new drama. I wish I had popcorn with me.

[A/N: I'm adding this now. I was too lazy before.]

Fatima came and announced to the crowd about Kritika's deeds, and Panjak was red with embarrassment and anger. He started shouting and Kritika and caused her to cheat, and no matter how much Kritika wanted to defend herself, the proof was out in the open. 

Just then a few of the paparazzi entered the hall, and it looked like they had discovered the gossip of the year. Their expressions were priceless. 

And we stood there casually sipping on our beverages. Diksh looked like he was about to kill someone. Thankfully Shiv was here. And Raj was holding my hand. Was he concerned about me? How sweet. I smiled at him. But in all honesty, I felt bad for the Oberois, they didn't deserve this humiliation just because of their son's poor choices. But it can't be helped. I wasn't a saint after all. 

Fatima stood there, with a mic, ready to pour oil onto the fire if required. She was having the time of her life. 

The main fun was that a few of the men Kritika had slept with were present here. Their families are destroyed as well.  I hope their wives will find happiness. Those old men were now hiding their faces as the paparazzi took their pictures. And the security did nothing to take them out.

"YOU BITCH!!" suddenly a feral Kritika lunged at Fatima, but she swiftly dodged the attack. She prepared this stage for herself, no way she was going to ruin it. The more insanely Kritika acted, the better it was for her. 

"Are you enjoying the show?" Raj whispered in my ears and I smiled at him, "I just wished I had popcorn with me." 

______

(I wanted to go into more details but I'm too lazy. I still do hope y'all don't dislike this chapter too much.)