Chapter 6

Kim Taeyeon's Point of View

I scoffed while looking at our text convo, which ended up in me asking, "Do you want to go on a date?"

"Why do you keep on staring at your phone?" Soo Young, who is nicely dressed, asked.

I asked her, "Where are you going?"

"I'm going on a date with my guard," she smiled.

I heard footsteps coming in our direction and saw that it was Yoona. Like Sooyoung, she was wearing a nice outfit.

I asked, "Do you have an appointment?"

"I have a date. How about you and Baekhyun?" she asked while tying her shoes.

I rolled my eyes at her question as Tiffany appeared in the scene.

She squealed, "Nickhun is asking me out!"

I yelled out of frustration, "Argh! Can y'all stop talking about dating?"

I stood up from my seat noisily and walked away.

Byun Baek Hyun's Point of View

I was dozing off until Chanyeol yelled, "Yah! Byun Baekhyun!"

"Can't focus on your work?" Jongdae laughed.

"Do you want to go on a date?"

Her text kept me up at night and made me lose focus for hours now.

Junmyeon approached me and asked, "What's up?"

"Taeyeon asked me on a date last night," I uttered.

His face brightened up, "Did she really? What'd you say?"

"I left her on read," I muttered.

Everyone turned to me with disappointment written all over their faces.

Minseok clicked his tongue, "Why would you leave the girl you like on read?"

"How can we go on a date? Fans will go crazy," I sighed.

Chanyeol scoffed, "In a bad way? No, they'll go crazy in a good way. Didn't you know that a lot of fans ship you and her?"

"There are a lot of fanfiction stories about the two of you getting married and having kids together," Jongdae giggled.

My eyes went wide as I ask, "Really?"

"Mm-hmm," Junmyeon hummed and giggled, "Taeyeon has the upper hand in most of them."

Chanyeol teased, "Aren't you gonna have an older girl in your relationship?"

"Some of the stories have both of you wrecked because of the haters though," Sehun uttered, earning death glares from everyone in the room.

Genuinely concerned for her public image, I asked, "Should I just not go for it?"

Yixing placed his arms around mine and comfortingly grinned, "There are no reasons that you shouldn't. Go for it."

"And that's... a wrap," the trainer smiled and waved, "I'll see you next week. Great job today, guys!"

I got my phone and browsed the web.

What does Girls' Generation's Kim Tae Yeon like?

I rang their dorm room and waited for someone to open the door for me with the plastic bags I'm carrying.

I smiled at their manager, "Hello."

I walked in on Taeyeon in the living room eating chips with a surprised look.

"I thought we were having a date," I uttered and placed the plastic bags on the coffee table.

She choked on her chips and yelled, "What date? You left me on read!"

"If I left you on read, I wouldn't be here," I took her chips away and gave her a pack of mini strawberries, "I heard you love strawberries. I do too."

Stop lying. You did your research, Byun Baekhyun.

I got two drinks—one with bubble and one without bubble—out of the plastic bags and muttered, "I also got you black bean milk, but I didn't know if you want it with bubble..."

She smiled before getting one without bubble and said, "I'll have this. Thank you."

"I don't know if strawberries and black bean milk are the best combinations. It may be the worst, but I also learned that you watch horror movies," I proudly showed her a movie CD with a wide grin on my face.

She gasped, "'Killer Toon'?"

I bobbed my head.

Ten minutes into the movie, I was already trembling in fear. I slowly brought the pack of mini strawberries in front of my face to block my sight. I looked to my right and saw that Taeyeon was too immersed in watching.

I got the remote to turn the TV off and said, "Let's watch something else."

"No. This is good though," she whined.

"I already watched this, so let's watch something else," I made an excuse.

"You rent a movie you've already watched?" she asked with the movie rent receipt in her hand.

"To be honest... I'm scared," I whispered. "I might not be able to sleep, so it'd be better if we watch something else."

She giggled, "I've already watched this anyway."

I gasped, "Why'd you pretend you haven't watched it then?"

She exclaimed, "I didn't want to disappoint you, that's why!"

I smiled while secretly adoring her facial features.

She's really pretty...

"Oh, right. Tomorrow's our Halloween party. I'm gonna be wearing a black dress and a hat. How about you?" she asked.

I awkwardly chuckled, "Ah, I'll just be wearing a furry hat."

"Why?" she asked with a worried face. "You should enjoy events like this though."

I said while chewing on a strawberry, "We're gonna be having a practice right after, so everyone just decided to wear casual clothes and show up for a few minutes."

Disappointment was written all over her face as she again asks, "Why?"

"You know that Mnet Asian Music Awards is coming up. We can't be wasting our time and practice every time we get the chance to," I smiled.

She smirked, "But you decided to come here?"

"Because you wanted to go on a date with me," I smirked back.

Her smirk faded away, but she quickly got her posture back and said, "As if you didn't want to."

I chuckled, "Right."

The night continued with us just spending quality time with each other while talking about a lot of random things. It lasted for hours. We were spilling some tea when I checked my phone for a moment. A missed call from Chanyeol popped up in my notifications, so I listened to the voicemail he sent after excusing myself.

"I know you're having a great time, but your best friend is getting really bored," Chanyeol whined. "Let's go bowling!"

I scratched my neck, "I'm having so much fun, but I also think it's getting late. Chanyeol wants some company at the moment. Gotta be a good friend..."

She giggled, "I understand. Thank you for your time, Koong."

"I was having a great time, Chanyeol," I sharply sighed and leaned on the bowling ball rack.

"You could've stayed, but I guess you like me more," he playfully giggled before asking, "How was it?"

I got a bowling ball and stood before the bowling alley.

"We're still getting to know each other," I said before hitting the bowling pins.

Strike!

Chanyeol flinched after seeing me play, "Are you holding a grudge towards me, or is it not going well?"