Chapter 8: Conference Room 9

Începe de la început

The boys are probably still up waiting. I haven't gotten a call yet so Giovanni might be sleeping. "The finger prints will probably take a few days to come in, we all need sleep let's go" I stand up grabbing my things. Everyone does the same walking outside to the cars. "Lucky I can handle things here for a few days. You need a break. You've been working non stop forever" Leo tells me I nod going into the car. Santo sits on the passenger's seat, his head on the window.

He needs to talk. Rory said the same thing: she'll see him at night crying without saying a word. The good thing is that he hasn't started drinking again. He's been so good for a long time. If he's drunk now it's for fun on the day he's feeling good he'll go out with Leo and Adriano. He hasn't gotten drunk because of pain for months now. I order food going through the drive through to get food for the boys.

Once I drive through the gates I park outside the garage going inside with Santo. "Daddy" Luciano says running to me once I open the door. I picked him up, placing a kiss on his cheek. "Hey bud, how was your day?" His eyes light up when I ask him with a big smile coming to his face. "It was good Rory let us go into the pool and I made a big splash" He tries to imitate what he did.

I carry him into the living room. Santo takes the food and puts it on the table. Giovanni lays on Rory's side watching TV holding his purple elephant. "Hi daddy" He says I put Luicano down and he takes his seat starting to eat the food Santo hands him. "Hey Gio" I sit next to him while Rory takes her seat next to her husband. Santo holds her hand seaking comfort; he closes his eyes, leaning his head on her shoulder.

The boys eat quietly while watching TV. I sit back watching them. "Daddy im done" Gio's soft voice says I take a napkin wiping his face and hands. I do the same to Luciano; they both go upstairs getting ready for bed. Santo stares at the bar from across the room, his face showing the emotions that he's trying to fight it off.

He's trying to fight the temptation to drink

Rory stands up starting to go upstairs before turning to me. "Lucky talk to him please. I can't see him like this any longer. I think you're the only person who could get through to him right now." She says letting out a deep breath I nod going back to the living room. Taking my seat next to him he doesn't say anything, he just drinks the soda he brought. "I know what you're going to say" I look at him shaking my head.

"I wasn't going to say anything" He takes a deep breath putting his cup down. "Bianca called me earlier and she told me that I shouldn't put so much weight on my back. Nothing that happened was my fault." I stay quiet listening to him.

"I told her I know it's not my fault but it feels like it is. I don't know why but it does. Yes I know Bianca's my older sister and I should hear what she's saying but she doesn't understand. She never fucking understands. As soon as she was given the chance to leave she left and I had to stay in a house where I got beat everyday. In a house where I didn't know when I was going to have my next meal walking on eggshells. Then mom helped us and she didn't even fucking tell her. She walked out of the room because she knew she didn't have to go back to that house.

It was a choice for her.

I didn't have one until mom saved me. I didn't even know what it was like to get a hug until that day. Losing her felt like everything I stood alive for went to shit. She's the reason I'm still here because that night if she didn't help us I wouldn't have made it to new years. I know Bianca did all she could and don't get me wrong I still love her. She's my older sister but sometimes I wish she would have just done more. Just like mom she didn't care to take me in she showed me what it was like to be loved and to give love to people. No matter how many times I freaked out or had a panic attack. She sat there with me and told me everything would be alright. I was finally safe.

When she supposedly died everything came tumbling down. The piece that saved me was gone. The person who risked their life for me was gone. I felt betrayed because so badly I wish I'd die before her. Now seeing that she's alive but with no memory it hurts more. I don't know how to explain it. She doesn't remember you, me, Luciano, Giovanni, Rory. She thinks that her brothers left her to die. How are we supposed to get her to remember us? I stay up at night scared to sleep because when I sleep I remember and the memories are happy gosh we were all so happy. I feel like shit because I'm dragging Rory down with me but I can't lose her too. She's been holding me down no matter how many times I just lay there she stays at my side holding onto me. She always tells me she loves me. She's the same person she's been since we were teens. I don't want to lose her. How do I get rid of the pain?" He says with tears streaming down his face.

"Santo pain doesn't go away overnight, it doesn't go away after a few months. It all depends on the person and their healing process. I can tell you that you're not going to lose Rory. You just need to talk to her and not push her away. The pain will always be there. I think the only way that it will ever go away is when Athena comes back home. There's times it hurts more than usual but you have to remember the happy memories those are what's going to take away the pain of your feeling" He wipes his face, nodding. "I'm not going into the warehouse for a few days. I'm going to be here with the boys, I think you and Aurora need a vacation at least a week away from here. Get your mind off of things and focus on each other."

"But what if something happens?"

"Nothing will happen and if it does you'll be the first person I call" He takes a deep breath nodding. I hug him and he becomes more relaxed hugging me tightly. "Thank you dad" A small smile makes its way to my face.

"Anytime Santo" 

---------------

Hey guys

Santo breaks my heart

Q/A~  Who do you think are the 3 people that are related? 

1959 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3