"Thanks," I replied, grabbing them and inspecting her foot. 

I could tell there were fractures in 7 different places. I took some water, placing it over the place of injury and feeling each individual crack with my healing abilities.

"How did you—" I noticed Piper try to sit up and I gently pushed her back down. "How did pull that stuff from an empty belt?"

"Magic," Leo waved his hands in wonder with a goofy smirk and I had to look down to hide my look of adoration. "Haven't figure it out completely, but I can summon just about any regular tool out of the pockets, plus some other helpful stuff. Breath mint?"

"That's great, Leo," Jason grabbed the mints and I snickered at the thought of him using them to kiss Piper. "Now, can you fix her foot?"

"She has 4 fractures," I interjected. "I can start the healing process but with only the water in the air and a few bottles I can only do so much. I think I can make her a cast out of the duck tape and gauze, but it won't be perfect. Is there anything else you can get out of your belt?"

"I'm a mechanic, man. Maybe if she was a car..." Leo stopped before coming to a realization. "Wait, what was that godly healing stuff they fed you at camp—Rambo food?"

"Ambrosia, dummy," Piper said through gritted teeth. "There should be some in my bag, if it's not crushed."

Jason grabbed the backpack, rummaging through it and putting out the soft pastries. He fed her a small piece and she reached out for another.

"More," Piper pleaded. 

"Piper, we shouldn't risk it," Jason stressed. "They said too much could burn you up. I think Dia should try to set your foot."

"Have you ever done that before?" Piper questioned.

"I'm able to hold my own in a fight, but I'm not very good," I said carefully. My headache worsened as I attempted to remember but it was useful in the long run. "You saw the way Dylan threw me off the bridge at the canyon. I think, wherever I was, I used to be more of a healer."

"Ok...I trust you."

Piper grabbed onto Jason's hand, Leo giving me a broken piece of wood to use as a splint. 

The most concerning was a talar neck fracture. the rest only needed ice and lack of pressure, something difficult to come by as a demigod on a quest. 

Piper punched Leo in pain and I worked quickly as if I had been doing this my whole life. I think I have. I gave her water to help slow breathing and mentally evaluated important foods she would need to speed up the healing process.

She groaned loudly in pain and breathed deeply to try and subdue the pain.

"Jeez, beauty queen!" Leo rubbed his arm and I felt a slight surge of jealously at the nickname, quickly pushing it away due the the platonic relationship. "Glad my face wasn't there."

"Sorry," she said. "And don't call me 'beauty queen,' or I'll punch you again."

I snorted as her words and turned away as fast as I could to hide my smile. It wasn't missed by Leo though who gasped dramatically at my betrayal.

"Dia," he whined, "You're supposed to be on my side. It's not funny. I could get seriously hurt."

Looking at him proved to be a mistake as he jutted his bottom lip out in a pout and gave me the eyes. I found myself blushing and with a huff walked away, ignoring his pleas to come back. 

"You both did great," Jason said from behind be as I walked to the doors. I decided to look outside and survey the surroundings for anything helpful.

I noticed the snow and suddenly realized how cold it was, the adrenaline wearing off. There was nothing but buildings nearby and I realized there would be no hunting for food in attempts to save the amount we currently had without paying. 

The Daughter of Poseidon//Leo Valdezजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें