LXV

Tʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ?

With a day before the Shogunate's army reached the battlefield near Fujitou and thanks to a lot of guidance and training, the soldiers felt ready, especially one in particular

"Teppi, you've improved the most! You've dodged eighty-five percent of the long-ranged attacks that Heli threw at you!"Teppi couldn't help but puff out his chest a bit as he bask in the praise of the royals helping him with training.
"I wouldn't have progressed so much without you two and Aether. Val seems unwilling to help anyone but Aether just said that they're shy...I don't think so."

"And you'd be right and wrong at the same time. Alright, let's head back to rest. We have a long day tomorrow, we'll need all the rest we can get."M/n voices softly, he was feeling a bit tired from all the training they've been doing over the past few days but it was needed and he felt prepared to deal with the woman named Kujou Sara.

As Teppi and Helios joke around they noticed that M/n wasn't following them.
"M/n?"

"Uh, you two get going. I'll catch up in a bit, I wanna sit out for a while longer before dinner is ready."M/n could sense a familiar person nearby and decided to deal with them on his own when they left. Helios picks up on this and ushers Teppi away while occasionally glancing back to check-in M/n. Once they were out of sight a voice enters M/n's surroundings.
"Your majesty, stop this at once. You're putting yourself in danger."

"And who are you?"M/n questions the soft voice as he turns to face a tree not far away from his current position.

A woman was peeking around it, she reminds M/n of a certain woman so he was highly on guard, and without her knowledge, she was already surrounded by vines and tree roots

"My name is Rosalina Lohefalter, I am La Signora's older sister... You must return to your home, this isn't a place for you."

"Why do you care all of a sudden?"

"What do you mean?"

"Either you're not smart or you think I'm stupid, I know a spirit of nature when I see one. Didn't you and the others try to kill me when I was a child? So why do you care what I do now?"M/n snarls out at the woman as she finally steps from behind the tree.
"Ah, I see... I'm not the original pyro spirit from that day. Like the Archons, when one falls someone else takes their place, the pyro spirit fell during the cataclysm, as did I and my sisters' lover. However, I didn't stay dead for long since I can back as a spirit."

"...That still doesn't answer my question. Why do you care?"Rosalina sighs, of course, she knew what happened that day through inheriting the memories of the old spirit and it made her feel guilty even though it wasn't her actions. M/n soon realized he was being a bit harsh towards her and let up.
"There's nothing you can do or say to stop me from helping those in need. Why not take a page from Val and help out, it's entirely up to you but at the end of the day, if I have the strength to help, I will. Return to wherever you came from because I will not abandon others as the six spirits of nature did to me."A lump catches in her throat, leaving her with nothing to say as M/n leaves her on the training ground.

Roselina sighs, quickly turning to face the once hidden Val.
"Didn't I tell you? King M/n isn't going to listen to anyone, he does as his heart tells him. That's why Helios, the child version of himself is here. He believes that his past deserves a second chance and took it upon himself to see it happen. Though neither of them can remember all the bad, they're fighting to see a better future. So you're either with us or against us."

"...I-if they can make up for the past, can I do the same?"Val smiles at Roselina, a nod makes their short locks sway from the movement.
"Yes, you can start by helping us tomorrow, we'll need it. There's no telling what could happen."