XVI

Fᴏʀ ʀᴇᴠᴇɴɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜᴇʀ

M/n passes out soon as he hit the bed, his mind wouldn't let up on the horrible memory of blood

M/n passes out soon as he hit the bed, his mind wouldn't let up on the horrible memory of blood. Diluc felt horrible that M/n had to endure such hatred from Zhongli.
"So you're a dragon?"

"Yes...I didn't want to tell him just yet but that bastard did it for me. I had a very bad feeling while in Vestal, so I came rushing here, and it's a good thing I did. I'm not sure why I remembered the old king's last words to me when his back was facing me."

"What were his last words?"

"If I should die...Take my people to the vast field of flowers and take care of them in my stead, give them a better life than I could have...I finally got my revenge but at the cost of what? My sanity and the trust of my people... I'm a failure...a horrible person..."
Diluc glances over at the exhausted male, he knew that it couldn't be fully true, that he became a tyrant overnight.
"So he became a tyrant for revenge sake?"

"Yes, but he lost himself. M/n wasn't evil but over time, he became a true tyrant. He couldn't forgive himself for what happened to Helios, his hate for himself grew so much that he desired for his people to hate him just as much."The door opens almost abruptly, it was Aether and Venti; Xiao, Paimon, and Kaeya were keeping an eye on Dainsleif for the time being.
"He what?"

"Venti, Aether, how much did you hear?"

"The fact that he threw away his sanity...How is he?"The two walked into the room and closes the door. Venti sat down next to the sleeping male, Venti could tell just by glancing that M/n wasn't sleeping well and that his dreams were the cause of it.
"Was there a reason he fell asleep?"

"...Not that I know of, however that day the past M/n left me with those words I knew that I wouldn't see him again. However, when you accompanied M/n to find me, it had been such a relief knowing he woke up but the M/n before me was innocent, new to the world around him, and so bright...It was refreshing."Epel mused lightly as he thought back to when they met again.
"So he knew...He knew that when the time came that he would fade away. That... That's a scary realization to come to and yet he faced it head-on."Aether was confused about what to feel, it even put fear into his heart just thinking about waking up and not knowing anything.

Venti grabs M/n by the hand and holds it against his cheek.
"

I'm sorry for what Zhongli put you through, I only did what I did because of him...All the horrible things that Zhongli told me a long time ago, why didn't I try to understand you first?"Venti began to weep, he felt even more foolish, at some point the Anemo God wanted to see for himself but allowed Zhongli to talk him out of it to a point where he stopped thinking about it.
"For now let's leave the room, he needs rest without us nearby."After the four leave the room, someone enters through the window quietly. He had been watching everything from afar, he was tasked to watch M/n but in rare moments like this, he gets closer.
"You poor thing...So beautiful yet you're burdened with all these problems..."

"Ngh...Who..."M/n's eyes flutter open just a bit to catch sight of orange hair in the darkened room.
"You could think of me as an Angel but...I'm not good enough for that title, so I'll just be your devil."The male with orange hair kneels at the side of the bed to meet M/n's eyes; they were cloudy and dull.
"I would much prefer you as an Angel but not all demons are bad."

"You have a lovely way of thinking, now go back to sleep.."The male placed his hands over M/n's eyes while mumbling something; effectively putting M/n into a restful sleep.
"What about him makes you so soft, Childe?"

"I'm not sure just yet...Maybe it the gentle look in his eyes even when he knows his life is in danger, maybe the sweet smell of Lavender he naturally gives off, or his beautiful golden eyes...How did you know I was here, Kaeya?"

"Uh I don't know, I saw you go through the window facing the garden, where I happened to be."Childe chuckles lightly as he stood up, Kaeya cocks his head, telling him to get out before anyone knew that he was here.

In M/n's dream, he was standing in an unknown place. It didn't startle him due to how beautiful the place was and the urge to travel to its center, once there, the previous M/n stood with his back facing the current.
"What's going on?"

"You subconsciously wandered into our soul...How are you feeling?"

"Uhh I feel refreshed, did you know who that man was?"The previous shakes his head and explained that he also felt the scene of being refreshed as well.
"So...What happens to you if I change everything?"

"As I said, I'll fade away and this will be your life. What you and many others do not understand is that this world is just as real as your own, well the one I brought you from."