X

"Sᴏʀʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴄᴀᴜsɪɴɢ."

"All I can do is apologize

"All I can do is apologize... Pathetic huh?"M/n mumbles while landing on the grass he grew, he looked up at the beautiful sky that was above Mondstadt. He couldn't understand why he was suddenly bombarded with such raw emotion of sadness.
"Stop apologizing for the past you, he doesn't exist anymore. The you now is all that matters, there's no possible way you could atone for his sins."

"But I feel like in the past I've wronged Venti and Zhongli the most...They may not show it on their faces- well Zhongli shows it on his face when he sees me...It makes my chest hurt so much. When I try to remember what I did, I get nothing and I just want to say I'm sorry for the pain I don't remember causing but I think he'll kill me for even speaking to him."Zhongli clenched his fist while listening to M/n speak.
It angered him to no end and yet he sat there and continued to listen.
"Or maybe he hates me because I exist."

"That's not a valid reason! You can't just hate someone because they were born into this world."

"You'd be surprised, Xiao...Out of Everyone, you, Aether, Diluc, Venti, and Paimon hold no ill intentions towards me, I've cried while thinking about that a few times. You guys treat me so kindly...I wonder why."Xiao plops down next to M/n and looks over him for a second; trying to figure out the best way to word his next sentence.

"Well, that's probably because four of us know so little of the past you and more of the current you if that makes sense. When the other two see you, they see who you used to be. Yet Venti wants to give it a chance to know the new you."

"It's strange, some part of me doesn't mind Zhongli's anger. Maybe at some point in my life, I was a pushover, heh I feel like one now if I'm being honest."

"You're kind, not a pushover."M/n smiles at Xiao then sits up, as he did some, he caught a glimpse of Zhongli then attempted to pretend not to see the male. However, it was obvious, Xiao could see the signature panic and discomfort. Just as M/n lifts his head to look at Xiao, a notification window pops up;

✦•┈┈┈๑⋅⋯❁⋯⋅๑┈┈┈•✦

Warning!
Hostile character
Is heading your way,
There is also an unknown
character in the area!!

You are in immediate
danger!

Your only option is to run
or attempt to fight back!
Chance of survival; 20%

✦•┈┈┈๑⋅⋯❁⋯⋅๑┈┈┈•✦

M/n was too scares to even move as Zhongli approaches, he starts to panic and a million and one things ran through his mind as the hostel man reached for him, M/n squeezes his eyes shut but felt nothing.
"Oi, what is your problem with M/n?"

"Why should you care Xiao? You don't know what he did."

"Neither does he!"Stunned, M/n was now faced with the back of Xiao. M/n was extremely thankful but he knew that there would be a day where no one wouldn't be nearby to save him and his chances of survival would be zero.
"Stop this! Sir Zhongli-"

"Who gave you permission to speak my name?"

"N-No one but I wouldn't want to be rude and address you inappropriately, then you'd truly reach for my neck with an open hand...So tell me what you were really reaching for."Zhongli scoffs at the shorter males then proceeded to push Xiao out of the way and snatches the necklace M/n wore from his neck with so much force it cut M/n neck.
"Ah?!"

"M/n! Zhongli what the hell?! Why couldn't you just ask him to-"

"Shut up! This isn't your business, Xiao. But take a good look at this necklace M/n! The necklace that never belonged to you!"

 But take a good look at this necklace M/n! The necklace that never belonged to you!"

"You stole it from him..."

"From who?! I feel like every time someone tells you I have amnesia, it goes in one ear and comes out the other!! I have no idea what you're talking about!"It was a brave move for M/n to yell at his tormentor but he was honestly tired of him.
"Helios..."Once Zhongli said that name M/n felt his whole body throb harshly, he became angry, frustrated, and sad all at the same time but he couldn't understand why.
"Helios..."His heart began to hammer in his chest as he said the name a few more times and just like that he triggered a memory.

"Little brother, I want you to take this... Don't ask questions just take it. Something is going to happen to me and I'm not sure if we'll ever see each other again...If we don't, know that this was mother and father's plan from the start and I want you to get revenge.."

"I don't understand!"

"I know...But understand that I will always love you and that I'm sorry for leaving you."
When M/n snapped back to reality, his body moves forward to take the necklace back from Zhongli; the male who misunderstood everything.
"Give it back Helios gave it to me! I-I remember that! I never stole it! He gave it to me in case something happened to him!"