III

Tʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴍᴇᴇᴛs ᴀ ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟᴇʀ?!

M/n's reputation as a new and improved king spread like wildfire, so much that it drew more attention to Vestal than before! The kingdom was bustling with visitors from all over

M/n's reputation as a new and improved king spread like wildfire, so much that it drew more attention to Vestal than before! The kingdom was bustling with visitors from all over. The trading was mainly conducted by Regis while M/n dealt with agriculture and Ripely handle the records of all trades for different goods other than crops.

Around early noon, M/n sat atop of a large stone as his people took a break to mingle amongst each other and snack on treats. It was peaceful until something rushes from the forest just a couple of feet away from them.
Startled, many of the Elven people run away as their king drops down from his sun-rich spot to stop whatever it was that came from the forest.

"Val!? What's the matter?!"Val being the name of the mysterious creature comes to a stop after bucking a blonde-haired male off their back and sending him face-first into the grass just beside the crop field

"Val!? What's the matter?!"Val being the name of the mysterious creature comes to a stop after bucking a blonde-haired male off their back and sending him face-first into the grass just beside the crop field. M/n sighs softly; happy that the mysterious male didn't ruin the newly planted strawberry patch with his face. Now as wrong as that sounds, M/n did worry about the male but not so much when it came down to the near destruction he could have caused if he didn't let go of Val.
"Ugh...Man, I didn't mean to land on you..."

"You, landed on the holy tree spirit? Wait I'm asking the wrong questions- Are you, okay stranger?"

"Partly! Ah, where's Paimon?!"M/n's mouth runs dry when the stranger looks up from the grassy ground to look for his fairy-like companion. It was Aether in the flesh and blood, at a glance this male looked rather dull and weak but from M/n's experience from playing Aether, he was a strong guy!
Val shakes it's head as if trying to shake another off of their head this time.
"I think your friend is in Val's branches. Lord Val, please allow me to help."The tree spirit lowers their head in front of M/n. Said male gentle moves the cherry blossoms out of the way as he searches for Paimon, after a few minutes he comes across a frightened small person; still holding on for dear life.
"You must be Paimon?"

"Is Paimon safe?!"

"Yes, you're safe. Come here please and let go of the branches-Oof!"Paimon spared no expenses and immediately rushed into M/n's arms to get away from the tree spirit she held previously held onto. M/n couldn't help but chuckle softly and pat Paimon on her lush white hair to comfort her.
'That is no child king M/n.'

"Yes, I know Val. There's nothing wrong with babying her for a little and you know I'm a sucker for cute things. You may return, sorry that your peace was disturbed."M/n said bowing slightly to Val. They chuckle a tad as they used their tail to lift M/n's bowed head.
'Do not apologize for other's mistakes.'

"I'll try not to. See you soon my friend."Val nods then turn to head off into the forest, when they were out of sight, M/n turned to Aether; causing his nervousness to creep up on him when they made eye contact.
"Uh sorry about that! I honestly didn't mean to land on them, your majesty!"

"You know who I am?"

"Who doesn't? Soon as I entered Vestal, I heard you were in the field helping out! Not only that everyone speaks highly of you."M/n sheepishly looks to the side while rubbing the back of his head.
"Uhh, well I guess that's one way. I know your companions' name but not yours."Of course, he knew, but that would seem strange that the king who forgot everything would know a stranger's name.
"Oh, my name is Aether! I've come to ask for your help...May we speak privately?"

"Yes, follow me to the castle."M/n was honestly scared for his life, though he hasn't done anything wrong, it's only that way because of what he heard from his best friend Ikki; M/n is killed by Aether or Lumine because he was a tyrant and nearly put everyone in danger; just like Viridi. So of course he was nervous.
"Your majesty?"

"Yes?!"M/n could have slapped himself for being so jumpy but that did give him enough time to realize that he carried Paimon the entire way to the castle. Paimon didn't mind it at all and Aether thought it was absolutely adorable.
"I hope it's not too much that you're carrying Paimon."

"Rubbish! I'm happy to do so, she's just too cute to let go!"Aether smiles as they enter the castle, M/n continues to walk until they reached a setting area.
"Let's have a seat, I'll have tea and snacks brought to us."

"Oh, you don't have to!"

"But I insist! Klair could you bring peach tea and cookies?"Aether tried to refuse but Paimon shoves a hand over his mouth and says her thanks as the maid leaves the sitting area to gather the tea and cookies.
"So what is that you need?"

"Could you grow the flower of healing?"