XXXIV

Tᴀᴋᴇɴ ᴀᴛ ᴅᴀᴡɴ?!

"Man~ the air is so fresh!"M/n mused to himself as he stood on the balcony of the winery, it was early morning and the sun was being to rise slowly into the sky of Teyvat, while the others were still asleep in their rooms

"Man~ the air is so fresh!"M/n mused to himself as he stood on the balcony of the winery, it was early morning and the sun was being to rise slowly into the sky of Teyvat, while the others were still asleep in their rooms. M/n was always an early riser and loved to watch the sun peak over the horizon with a cup of milk tea in hand.
"Geez, I wish the others would wake this early."

"If they did, then I wouldn't be able to do this."M/n eyes widened and before he could react or even scream for Andrius, he was knocked out by Veronica.
"Don't worry little king...You'll be with your rightful friend in no time."Veronica smiles lightly while carrying M/n bridal style away from the winery and straight to Snezhnaya.
Just as this happened, Zhongli decided to check in on M/n. He didn't get a chance to ask if M/n was okay from the unexpected visit from Zylith. However, when the door was fully open, Zhongli grew confused when he didn't see the king.
"M/n?" Zhongli calls out assuming M/n could have been in the bathroom but he there wasn't a reply, he began to frantically search the room.
"FUCK! EVERYONE M/N'S BEEN TAKEN!"That was the only thing Zhongli could conclude because there hasn't been a time where M/n would miss the sunrise or leave his tea nearly untouched.

They all knew who the culprit was and immediately rushed out of the Dawn Winery in the opposite direction of Liyue.

Within Snezhnaya, Veronica locks M/n away in a hidden room that only she and Zylith knew about.
"I'll deploy the knights."

"Thank you."Veronica hurries off to the training grounds and loudly announced that there were intruders were on the way to Snezhnaya.
"These men are armed and dangerous! They are to be killed on sight. Which means they're here to harm the Duke and his dear friend; King M/n."

"Yes ma'am!"This was all apart of the plan for Veronica, she needed a way to rid herself of her competition; M/n. For as long as Veronica could remember, she loved the duke and knew that M/n didn't harbor any feelings for Zylith. Around this time, Zylith would be in his office so that gave her even more time to visit the captive King.
"Hello, your majesty."

"What is the meaning of this!? Let me go now!"

"I can't do that. But you have the best seat in the house your majesty~! When your friends get here, they'll die before they can reach the Duke's house. I'll spread the news that we tried to protect you from a certain someone but eventually, Zhongli got his revenge and killed you with his bare hands ~"As Veronica spoke, her physical appearance chances into that if Zhongli.
"What are you..."

"I'm just like Xiao and Zylith, I am an Adepti. Most of us are born within Liyue but the ones who aren't are either left to fend for themselves, ostracized by their family, or killed. I was lucky when Zylith found me but you had already been in his line of sight. However you two had yet to meet, I tried everything to avert his view from you, and nothing worked!"Veronica angry explains as she shifts back into herself. M/n felt a sense of familiarity, it made him think of Ikki's strange behaviors and especially how they met.
"Well, enough about me, Duke Zylith will be with you shortly."Veronica leaves abruptly and on the way out she passes Zylith.
"M/n?"

"Let me go."

"I have you here with me for a reason. So why would I just let you leave? I didn't everything for you...And yet you don't even recognize the aura of your friend from Earth."M/n's eyes widened at the nearly foreign word.
"It's been a year since I last spoke to you-"

"A...A year? It's only been five months...I've only been here for five months.."

"Not on earth, it's been a year. While I was suffering, you were here living it up! Now that I have you back, I'll never let anyone take you away from me again!"M/n flinched back from Zylith, he couldn't believe it. What Zylith didn't know was that Escal has him right where he wanted him. The mysterious male watched from a tree just outside of the window. He knew that Zylith would become impatient and expose himself when he kidnapped M/n.
"I did everything because I loved you. Those people you called friends didn't care about you! They didn't even visit you once in the hospital-"

"That's because you pushed them away from me...Hehe.. you're just like the person you were reincarnated into... Selfish and possessive over someone who isn't theirs! And what do you mean living it up?! Do you know how many times I could have been killed by Zhongli alone?! It took so much out of me each day because I had to watch my back constantly, he literally tried to kill me when we first met! Oh but I'm living it up! I wouldn't be surprised if you moved my body to another place to make sure that no one could see me and so that you could be the first person I saw if I woke up."The look on Zylith's face told M/n all he needed to know. He wanted to cry, he knew his parents didn't care about him but he had others who did besides Ikki.
"My gods! You're a psychopath!"

"I did everything for you!"Zylith's mind couldn't handle M/n's words and his aura darkens much to Escal's surprise. This causes the white-haired male to panic.
"Now, Childe!"

"Right!"Childe breaks the window and tumbles in front of M/n; becoming a shield for the king.
"Who the fuck are you!?"

"I'm the king's angel."Childe says in a dangerously low growl as he stood before Zylith. Childe quickly unties M/n; who was more than happy to see Childe at this moment.
"Give up peacefully, Zylith. The worst you'll get is imprisonment in the Vestal kingdom's jail for the kidnapping of a royal figure and for the murder of Sage; who was made into a royal member of the Vestalian kingdom." Childe whistles and Paimon suddenly pops up with a stone in hand.
"The others are here and your knights have been defeated! Paimon also has a visual recording stone, so you and Veronica are going down!"