Chapter 16

I yell in frustration as I pace in front of mine and Austin's bed.

I don't know what to do. I get my powers in less than twenty four hours and I don't know what to expect. Am I going to start blowing people up? Will I start firing off balls of fire in every direction? As you can see, I have no flipping clue what to expect. Grandma is gone to God knows where and she is the only one who knows anything about all of this shit.

"Malia, calm down. We'll figure something out. Just sit down. I can't think when you're acting all nervous." He said while guiding me over to the couch in the corner of the room.

"What the hell do you expect me to act like? I'm not gonna act like I'm okay, Austin. You know that's not how I am." I tell him.

"I know you're not like that, but you still gotta sit down. No one, not even you, can think while you're being all fidgety." He said.

As you have probably already figured out, I'm healed. I drank Austin's blood and let me tell you, it was probably the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted. How do vampires do it? Austin pouted for hours because I didn't enjoy his blood and I just ignored him. But it did work. All I am now is a little sore.

"Do you know any witches?" I ask him sarcastically.

He suddenly brightens up and laughs. "Actually, I do. Well, she's not really a witch, but she knows a lot about all of the supernatural creatures. Including witches." He said, winking at me at the end. I feel my eye twitch a little when he said 'she'. But no I do not feel any form of jealousy.

"Oh my god! Take me to her, now!" I said, already heading for the door.

Before I even get close to it he grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"Hang on, she's not just right around the corner, Malia." He said and I raise an eyebrow. "She lives in Illinois." He said and my eyes widen.

"Seriously? How the hell do you know someone from Illinois? We live in Utah!" I exclaim, trying not to let the non-jealousy slip into my voice.

"She lives in one of our allies' packs. But don't worry. We'll just drive out there and we'll be back before you get your powers, ok?" He asks me and I nod. "Okay, don't even pack clothes. Just grab something to do on the ride there and let's go." He tells me while grabbing his phone while I do the same along with a blanket, pillow, headphones, and two magazines. I've had my fair share of long car rides so I know what to bring with me.

"Okay, let's go." I said, handing most of the stuff to Austin. He huffs but takes it anyways.

"To Illinois we go!" He exclaims as we walk out the door lugging all of my things with him. "On the road again! I just can't wait to get on the road again!" He sings.

This is going to be a long car ride.

~

I hate car rides.

Especially long ones.

You get so much time to just do nothing. And you know what you do when you have nothing to do? Well, you think.

You know what you think about?

Well, there are a lot of things. Here we go... You think about everything that is so messed up about your life, what you could've done differently in situations that are permanently engraved into your mind, why you have no friends, why you don't have a boyfriend, I could go on and on and on about these things but most importantly, you think about why the hell you ended up with such a strange life. I mostly thought about the first two and the last but I have thought about all of them in one car ride before.