Chapter 9

Unknown POV.

~

Yesterday

~

"The rogue is back, sir."

I called my son into my office after someone notified me that the rogue that I sent into Blue Moonlight's pack territory just got back.

"Chris!" I yelled, and a few seconds later he comes in. "Bring the rogue in now." He nodded and turned around to fetch the rogue.

About five minutes later Chris comes back in with a young male rogue right behind him. I had sent this filthy rogue to go look for Malia yesterday.

"What did you find?" I ask him, narrowing my eyes making the rogue whimper. Coward. "Anything? A scent? Anything at all?"

"I-I'm sorry, sir. I didn't find anything. I talked to the Alpha and he said he doesn't know anyone named Malia Jameson in his pack." He said quickly, cSting his gaze downwards.

"Of course she wouldn't be in his pack, you dumbass! She's human...-ish." I said angrily. "This is why we don't use werewolves, and a rogue, nevertheless. Kill him, Chris. He is of no use to us now." I said making the rogues eyes widen. Chris starts to drag him out of the room with him digging his heels in the ground and trying to get out of his hold anyway possible.

"What? No. Please, I'm begging you! I did everything you asked! I risked my life going into the strongest packs territory for your little plan! You can't do this! We had a deal! We--" he was cut off by god knows what.

This is why I don't like to hire rogues to do my work. They will all die in the end.

Just like Malia and her grandmother. And everyone else. Even the supernaturals.

~

Malia's POV.

~

After Chambleigh and I's little acting session, Austin and I got in his black mustang, this time willingly. Once we got inside it was sort of awkward until he broke the silence.

"So... what are you gonna tell your grandma?" Austin asks hesitantly.

"What do you mean me? You kidnapped, you take the blame!" I said slightly angry. If he thinks I'm just gonna prance in there and say, 'Oh yeah, I decided to take a ride out into the woods with two strange guys that just happened to follow me half-way home!'. Yeah, that'll definitely blow over well. "And you can tell her about all this werewolf and mate shit. I don't even know where to start with that." I said as he chuckles slightly.

"Don't worry, babe. I'll take care of it." He said reassuringly. My heart fluttered when he calls me babe, but I try to ignore it. He reaches over to squeeze my hand with his right hand while his left is holding the steering wheel tightly.

I get tingles when he does this so I squeeze his hand back. He looks suprised for a minute that I actually responded, he smiles at me showing off his cute dimples and then turns back to the road with a smile still plastered on his face.

About a half hour later, we pull into the driveway of the house I haven't even spent one night in yet. I start to get nervous and I feel my palms start to sweat so I wipe them on my white jeans. Then I remember. White jeans. Oh no. I look down and thank the god of Hershey's chocolate that I didn't get anything on them.

We both walk up to the door and knock on the door. Austin leans down and whispers into my ear reassuringly, "You'll be fine."

"I'm not so worried about me," I said jokingly. "More you."