Chapter 7

Jaehyun sees her friend stand up and it's like the past flashes before his eyes. "Are you okay Heejin?" Nila asks. "Yeah, I just remembered something important that I have to do" she says. "Okay, well I'll get the kids" Nila says leaving the two of them together. "What are you doing here?" Jaehyun asked and she looks taken back. "Wow, for someone who hasn't seen his son for years that the first thing you say" she say.

"Shh" he shushed her before NIla hears and finds out. "Look I'm sorry that I wasn't in his life at that time, I was a troublemaker back then but not now I will help you to raise him, but please don't tell Nila" he said pleading to her. She looks at Jaehyun for a second before nodding and agreeing with him. "I will visit him on Sunday" he said, and she nods, Nila comes back with the kids. 

"Bye Oppa" Mi-Kyong says and waves at my Jaehyun's other son. Jaehyun looks at him and see that he looks like himself when he was a kid. "Jaehyun, you know what's strange is how Yeon Jun looks like you a little bit" Nila says, and Jaehyun panics a little. "What? T-that's crazy" he studders a little, "Jaehyun are you okay?" she asks. "It's just work and Mark wanting to take the kids for the week, he promises that he will watch them with the other members of Dream".

"Yeah, he can why not" she says and begins to push Koeun before he stops her. "Honey? Have you seen the Dream members in action?" Jaehyun asks, and she shrugs her shoulder not knowing. "What's the worst that can happen" she says walking out and Jaehyun chases behind her giving millions of reasons why they should not watch the kids. 

The conversation ended with her convincing Jaehyun to let NCT Dream take the kids for a week. The next day came by, and Mark was here at the house with Haechan ready to pick the kids up. "Bye Mommy and Daddy" Mi-Kyong says carrying her little suitcase and favorite stuff animal. Jaehyun gives her a hug goodbye before she runs to Haechan. Koeun is placed in Mark's arms as Nila gives him the schedule.

Mark and Haechan head out the door with the kids, they wave them goodbye as they drive off. "I hope the kids will be alright" Jaehyun said, and Nila looks at him. "You need to have trust in Mark and the rest of the Dream members" she said. He sighed and turned his body and embraced her in his arms. 

"I know but it hard since they all have been a little bit irresponsible" Jaehyun said, and she smiles hugging him while rubbing his back. "It's been a while since we had a whole house to ourselves" she said, and he laughs. "I might not be able to spend a whole lot of time because of work but we'll still have our time" Jaehyun said. Nila pulls away and looks at him worried. "Is everything at the company, okay?" she asked.

Jaehyun nodded his head, "Yeah, it just that we have to make new strategies for new board of director's wishing to sign with us". She nodded understanding before giving him a kiss and heading back inside. After the doors closed, Jaehyun let out a breath, worried that she would be suspicious of him. He lied about the new board directors, what he meant by that is visiting Heejin and his son Yeon Jun. 

I was in the living room watching Crazy Rich Asians, when I felt my phone vibrate against the end table. I pick it up and looked at it to see it was Heejin who sent me a text. 

Hey, can we meet at the One Time Cafe?

Yeah, sure I'll be there in a few

I replied and got up turning the TV off and putting my shoes on. I told Jaehyun that I was going to the coffee shop and a bookstore. He didn't question anything and finished working on the documents. I grabbed my keys and left in my car to meet Heejin. 

I walked inside to see Heejin sitting at a table near the window waiting for me. "Hey" I said, and she lifted her head smiling as I set my things down and pulled the chair out sitting down. "Yeah, I'm glad that you were able to meet me" she says. "So, what did you want to meet me for?" I asked and she was hesitant.

"I want to talk about your husband" she says, and it piqued my interest since she wanted to talk about my husband. "What about him?". "The reason we acted like that was because we once met before through Eunwoo" she says. I nodded, "Speaking of that, do you know why Eunwoo and Jaehyun stopped being friends?" I asked and she shook her head no. 

Heejin told Nila no, that she didn't know the reason why, but she did know, and the reason was because of her. Heejin still can't believe that after all this time Jaehyun and Nila were married. She felt jealous and angry because when they were together, he promised her that they would be married. Heejin never knew the reason why he ditched her but now she does.

When she looks at Nila now all she can think about is hatred, she wants to tell her everything that's going on, but she would be breaking the deal she made with Jaehyun. The only way to make Jaehyun fully hers is to make him fall in love with her, so they can be a family with their son but since he has other kids now, she would have to slowly brainwashed them. Heejin smiled at her brilliant plan that was flowing through her mind. 

"Heejin, why are you smiling like that? Did something big happen?" Nila asked snapping her out of her thoughts. "Oh uh, no I was just thinking about a great surprise for Yeon Jun" she lied, and Nila nodded eating the lies that Heejin feed her.