"Nope, it's not you." She gave him two pats on the back as she turned to Class 3C. "You can go."

Taehyung must have found that gesture highly annoying. He shot her a glare before he ran off to his friend.

"Jin, tell that idiot lover girl is getting close!"

But Heiran was too consumed by the prospect of what was about to come to notice. Walking up to the center of the classroom, she slammed a note onto the blackboard and announced.

"Handwriting check!"

Ahn Heiran never found the one she was looking for that day.

* * *

24-year-old Ahn Heiran rushed to put on some decent clothes before she rushed out to the living room, a beam on her lips. Patting down her untamed hair and straightening the creases of her ruffled shirt, she hoped she didn't look too bad as she grinned at her boyfriend across the room.

"Jimin, I didn't expect you to come here this late. Why didn't you call me?"

Jimin only nodded with a somber expression, "Hello Heiran."

It was odd. Jimin didn't have his usual crescent eyes smile on his face or the take-out from the local restaurant he always brought. Nor was he rushing to give her the customary hug that he gave every time he came for a visit. Heiran noticed that he had dyed his hair blonde. The fact caught her off guard that it had been a while since she had last seen her boyfriend. Heiran wasn't blaming him. It was her fault for postponing all their dates.

"Heiran, can we talk outside for a second?"

A few seconds later, the couple stood on the balcony of their apartment, gazing down at the streets. Heiran wondered why Jimin looked so somber. She didn't understand why he was taking so long to talk. Finally, he managed to break the silence.

"... I've been thinking about this for a while now but I never really got a chance to tell you." He pursed his lips as he looked down at his feet. Heiran wondered if it was just her imagination or if Jimin really looked guilty. "But I don't think I should delay this any longer. I believe that's best for the both of us."

She frowned in confusion. Jimin clasped his hands on the railing as he finally looked at her. "Heiran, we haven't been spending a lot of time together and I know it's not your fault. I think it's admirable that you love and dedicate yourself to your job but..." He heaved a sigh, "it's not what I'm looking for in a relationship."

It was her turn to clasp her fists as the furrow on her forehead smoothed over in gradual realization.

"I want something real, Heiran. Something more than...this. Something is missing in our relationship. A spark or something. I know you feel it too." Jimin took a step forward, remorse defining his features. "I know that you're a great person, Heiran. You're intelligent, funny, bold, and kind-hearted. Most of all a very good person but..."

"Make it quick," Heiran ordered, her eyes on the ground. "Just get it over with."

Guilt shone through Jimin's features as sadness flashed through his eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm...breaking up with you."

A beat of silence passed. Slowly, she inhaled a deep shuddering breath. "At least you have the decency to properly break up with me..."

Jimin didn't know what to say. "I-uh... Heiran, I-"

"No, you don't have to say anything. I understand. I get it."

When Heiran raised her eyes to meet Jimin's, they were tearless. Empty except for the unmistakable walls that had sprung up, concealing her true emotions. A smile stretched across her face as she extended her hand, "It was nice knowing you, Park Jimin."

"You too, Heiran," Jimin replied, taking her hands in a final handshake. He hesitated as if he had a lot to say but Heiran had already closed off and he knew there was no point. Because ultimately, the results were the same. So he took a step back, releasing her hand.

"Goodbye, Ahn Heiran."

"Goodbye...Jimin."

As his footsteps receded, Heiran hurried down the hall back into her apartment and closed the door shut behind her. The tears she had managed to hold back for so long, flowed down her cheeks without a warning. She slid down the door muffling her sobs with her hands. She wasn't sure if her roommate was still inside the apartment; if he was, she didn't want him to know.

Heiran lost track of time as she sat there crying into her palms, trying to get rid of the tears when a pair of feet padded up to her from the living room. A man sat down next to her on the floor. A deep sigh resonated from him before he lowly muttered under his breath, "I knew it."

Heiran couldn't hold back her sobs and dissolved into a waterfall of tears at his concerned gaze, letting everything out that she had been holding back. Yoongi slowly extended his hand out to her. Heiran looked at his palm for a moment before she took it, clutching onto it as she pulled her knees closer and cried into them. Holding hands was Yoongi's way of showing that he cared and Heiran couldn't have been more grateful. She felt safer. It was comforting.

Right, Heiran thought, who needs a boyfriend anyway when I have Yoongi.

He was worth a million of them.

A/n: There you have it. The background of how close the roommates actually are. Anyone feeling a little emotional?