thirty-four

"You ready?" I ask Charlie before we start filming. We just finished setting everything up for the sing off.

I was honestly excited. Jeremy and Owen were here to watch. It'll be the first time we've done it for the cameras.

We've practiced it and wouldn't let anyone see it. Charlie nodded while Owen pressed record for me.

I introduced Charlie into the video and explained how Conor said I could use his idea.

We already pre recorded it and we're gonna put that version on the video.

Jeremy played the instrumental to I Don't Wanna Live Forever while we prepared ourselves.

I told Charlie to not look at me when we sing since we're facing each other and I don't want him messing me up.

"Here we are all alone." I start with a Chris Brown song. He does a J. Hoilday song which sounded good.

I could tell we were both into it. When I did Hotline Bling, we both did the dance to it.

"Girl you know I've been thinking about forever." I mash up Birthday Sex and Thinking about you.

I forgot how much I loved doing this. Hopefully Owen will do one with me one day.

Surprisingly, we get it perfect. When Owen hit the button again, I started smiling towards them.

"That was so fucking good." Charlie hyped us up. I get up and hugged Charlie as they hyped us up.

"Your voices sounded so good together." Jeremy praised. I looked over to see Owen with a blank stare on his face.

I saw his breathing was uneven meaning he was having a panic attack. I didn't want to bring attention to him so I walk over to him slowly.

Jeremy and Charlie were deep in conversation. I lightly touch Owen's arm causing him to flinch.

"Do you want to go upstairs?" I whisper. He nodded once so I took his hand.

I know that since they canceled Julie and the Phantoms, he's been more stressed.

I take him up to my room and shut the door. When I turn around, he was pacing and beginning to tear up.

I hate seeing him like this. "Baby, it's okay." I assure him. I make sure to use a calm voice.

He was running his fingers through his hair. Watching him pace was stressing me out.

But I wasn't going to let him know. "I'm sorry, it just came over me." He cried to me.

There's one thing I know what to do. "Owen, count with me okay?" I ask as he glances towards me.

I bring both of my hands up. I rise one finger up so he can count it. He stopped pacing to count.

Every time he counted, I would rise up another finger. And by ten, I could tell his breathing was back to normal.

I didn't know what to say so I was going to let him speak first. I could see him take a deep breath.

"How did you notice?" He asked trying to think. I just shrug towards him.

"I notice just about everything." I tell him honestly. There was a slight knock on the door and it opened.

I saw Jeremy's head peak through. He noticed the tension and his face shifted. "Everything okay?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "I'm heading out. Good job again." I give him a weak smile while telling him goodbye.

As he walked away, I got an idea in my head. I look at Owen with a hopeful smile.

"You wanna get out of here?" I ask as he looks at me suspiciously. But then he started smiling.