60: Red Carpet

Começar do início

"One second." I got my phone from the bed. "Mum wants a photo," I say setting my phone up, I lock my hands together and rest them on her shoulders so she is facing the camera and I'm on the side, I kick my leg up and smile at the camera just in time for the self-timer to take it. "Okay cool." I pick my phone up and walk out into the main room, Lizzie's stylist hands me shoes and a purse and I put them on and slip my phone in the purse. My hair is touched up and my make-up too. I was handed the lipstick and then James walked in. James is Elizabeth's assistant. "Car's pulling up girls." Lizzie was getting her bracelets and earrings put on. I did all that myself my dress was a mock neck so the locket Lizzie got me was tucked away in that and it was also long-sleeved so I just had on my forever bracelet but you could only see the L charm when I reached for something, it was a very delicate bracelet and wasn't noticeable at all. Which is the only reason why Lizzie gets away with it at work. The charm is a little circle with the letter in the centre.

When we were both ready we went down to the car and James let everyone out of the apartment. I took Lizzie's hand as we walked and she opened the door letting me in first. "You're my date tonight." "You're cute." I always opened the car door and got her in first, I want to make sure she was safe and protected. When we arrived at the carpet there was lots of noise and flashes. Lizzie has been briefing me about everything all week so I was somewhat prepared but being told and witnessing it first-hand was very different. "You ready?" "Yeah." I shuffle out the car first and take the hand of the driver to help me out modestly. I blinked at the lights as I helped Lizzie out and she held my hand leading the way, we paused briefly for a few photos before going on to the actual carpet.

People were shouting our names to look in different directions. "I'm going to let you have some alone," I whispered to her but she squeezed my hand still smiling for the outside world but clearly uncomfortable with me leaving. I stayed by her side and followed Lizzie's head movements so we were looking in the same directions. As Lizzie adjusted she agreed to have some solo shots giving my eyes a welcomed break, I don't know how she doesn't just walk around seeing black spots all the time. She looked over at me and I could tell she was getting on edge so I went back to her side.

"Thanks." I squeezed her hand in response as we walked to the next spot. We waited around for a while and the candy in Lizzie's purse came in handy we both ate a few pieces whilst we waited. "You're a bad influence." "You have to feed me it's in the handbook." I shoot at her and she chuckles. "We'll eat inside." She assured me. We haven't eaten actual food since breakfast which sucked I like to have 5 meals a day and constant snacks.

We got to the interview part and I stood with James, Lizzie answered the questions. "And tonight you've brought, Eleanor Hastings with you." "I have." Lizzie's smile doubled in size. "Is this the first event she's accompanied you to since you've started your relationship?" "It is, I'm really excited for her to be here tonight and share a little bit of this crazy world with her." "Do you think she'd come over and say hello to the fans?" "Um." Lizzie looked towards me and asked me without words and I scrunched my nose at her and she did it back stretching out her hand. I shake my head and she pouts. I look at James. "Go ahead." He pushed me a little and I took her hand the second I was close enough and looked at my feet before saying hello to the interviewer. "It's lovely to finally meet you, you've been this mysterious girl for months now." "I wouldn't say mysterious." "No posts on social media, no interviews, red carpets, events, parties... You're only real because paps catch you. And even then you're a pro at avoiding front on photos." I chuckle. "I'm a pretty private person," I say smiling.

"How did the two of you meet?" We looked at each other. "Nell's family's coffee shop," Lizzie says. "We were friends for a year before anything started," I say. "But we both had crushes on each other before that." Lizzie points out and I nod. "How is it dating someone from a completely different world?" She asked Lizzie. "I like it, it's way more private and we can actually take our time and go at our own pace instead of rushing and messing things up between the two of us." She explains. "And Eleanor for you how has it been?" "It's different for sure but we make it work we both adjusted." She asked a few more questions and I let Lizzie take the lead not really wanting to participate in this. I was dragged to a few others and the questions got more personal and I tried to keep the small smile on my face.