Sobriety

Author makes their own locations because... Who remembers the canon areas?

Liberty City - Ivy League District
11:09

"What's been eatin' you?" Blossom asked. "..." Sparrow stayed silent. Not a single movement or sound came out of them. Blossom leaned over in her seat to check if her friend was still breathing.

She lifted her bangs and opened one eye. Watching closely for any breathing, listening for an airflow. Sparrow juts back in her seat, her eye scaled to the ceiling. "Jesus..." Blossom flinched. "What's wrong?" She forked a small pen and pad to Jay. They swiped it from the coffee table in front of them.

It was resting in their lap, Blossom looked off. The sound of turning pages and creaking from the cheap wire loop that kept the pages together. It went on, for while. Very fast. The one swishing over the paper. Then it ended, with a loud thump. Blossom saw the book resting on the coffee table again, Sparrow was laying back, with her arms on the armrest and her pen balanced on her nose.

Blossom stared at the clock above Sparrow's head. Ten minutes passed, that journal only had twelve pages.

Another three went by.

"Telling by the aliens in these first two pages, and the katanas... This was a horrible dream?"

Sparrow shifted around in her seat, clacking and gritting her teeth. The ravenette paced throughout the office, flipping through her client's book. It was a short comic, aliens, swords, wedding rings, and leather. A horrible event from last month.

Sparrow's always had crazy dreams. She studied up on some of the psychological information her mom used to tell her.

"Attack of the samurai aliens, on my wedding week..." Dubbed the comic. This was a change from her hyper-realistic tooth root dreams back in high school.

~~~

Octavia Shukkles - Filthy Alleyway
5:22 PM

"Jay, are you huffing paint again?" She sat on a rusted trashcan, with a half-empty can of green paint between her thighs, and a brown paper bag to her face. The tall girl rocked side to side with a blank face. "JAY!!!" She took another huff of the paint-soaked bag and slowly ripped the bag away.

"Whaa...? N...no, Jansey. I'm testing the quality of this paint... So far, it's amazing!" Ready to take another huff of the bag, her friend snatched it. They tried to spray with it, nothing came out. They pressed the tab down repeatedly, aiming it at the wall. Only green mist came from the can, even. "You fucking paint junkie." Zelle hurried to their duffel bag. "Empty." Jay flashed Zelle with a tiny smile. They kicked the duffel bag at Sparrow.

"That was the last of our shit, and I'm not Jansey!" Sparrow wiped her mouth and nose, coughing a little bit. "Like, I care... Zelle. You don't even exist to me...!" She paused suddenly after that line. "Bye. Getting more paint, stay still..." Zelle wandered out of the alleyway.

Sparrow jumped off the trashcan and kicked the lid open. "So suspicious of the cops. They never check here..." She mumbled. Cans galore. "Time wasted." Jay packed away all the paint cans into her bag and left. "Don't follow me back to my space if you have things to do."

~~
Serene's Cafe
5:34 PM

A cafe? He knows I hate crowded places. I hope this is good, Zelle's gonna ne angry at me for this.

"Claude, did you want something? I came as fast as I could." I really did. Fifteen minutes early, that's better than his six late.

I held my phone in my hand, switching from my texting tab, to my notes. A message came up. "On the table?" The table had a large tin tray on it. I reached out to the dome and picked it up. "Chocolate?"

Under the dome, was a giant chocolate sphere in a large mug, with a small bowl of hot milk. "You better kiss me for the pimples I get on my face from this..." I poured the jug of cream over the sphere, it began to melt. The cream slowly ate away at the chocolate, it blended nicely. "The hell?"

Something stuck up from the leftover choco residue. I poured whatever was left and picked it up with my spoon. "A ring?" I took the ring into my hand and shined it at the light. Claude held a spoon in his mouth. He pulled it away to hum. "Mmhmm..." I licked the ring clean. It was custom made, with a tiny castle and a diamond on top.

"Woah... I know this cost major cash." Claude rolled his eyes at my foolish question. "It's legit?" He blinked at me. "Of course it is... You wouldn't do that." I put the ring on. Suddenly, my surroundings were different. Claude's still with me, but we're not in the cafe anymore.

He urged for me to take it off. I did, however, it teleported us back. I slipped the ring on once more for a better look at this, mysticism. Once I did, I caught a red figure standing behind Claude.

I couldn't alert him, it was too late. When I could finally scream for him to move, or fight back. His torso sat upright in my face, blood spurting out of what used to be the placement of his head. "What the fuck?!?" I screamed lazily.

The red figure was carrying a katana. Dripping with the blood of my would-be fiance. I didn't bother to move or fight.

~~~

"SHIT!!" Sparrow rolled out of her bed, tangled in a duo of leather and silk. Something cold smacked her in the face on her way down. "Ack!" She shimmied out of her restraints and got back on the bed, "His jacket..." A black leather coat draped along the floor. She hurried and grabbed it off the carpet and wrapped herself with it.

She laid in her bed, to listen for his movement in the quiet cabin.  "..." Sparrow turned to his side of the bed and clung to his pillow. She sniffed softly as she heard the front door shut, followed by a car door opening and closing. "Gone..."

~~~

"Has he come back yet?" Blossom tossed the book back to Sparrow. She tilted in her seat. "No... I hope he's okay. He never leaves without his jacket, or lets me have it. That felt like his way of saying, "goodbye and I love you." I used to get those kinds of gifts from whoever... "Eh, at least I didn't wake up with a knife in my hand glued to his back."