Hospital conversations are absolute HELLen

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

does she want me back home now?

"How have you been?" she asked, not quite meeting my eyes, "You look well."

"I've....been good Helen," I replied, feeling some of the weight lift off my shoulders. Maybe she just wanted to talk.

"If your friend can manage, how about we go somewhere a little more quieter? You can tell me about your new life?"

"I'm sure he can manage."

Helen and I went to the Hospital parking lot. And I told her a little about my life in Long Island and how my studies were going.

She seemed genuinely interested in knowing.

I asked for a quick recap of Matthew and Bobby's current situation too. And she gave me one, mentioning all the mischief they've been causing in my absence.

"As much as I hate to bring this up now Annabeth," Helen sighed, looking at a old couple getting into a cab"We've not had the best relationship. And this is not going to help. But do note, I'm trying to do what's best for the family."

I felt my heart thunder in my chest, my palms turned sweaty. This was not going to end well. Oh no.
Oh Gods

Of course this was not just a friendly coze. There was a catch. There's always a catch.

"What are you talking about?"

"Your father and I agreed..that it's in the best interest of our family to....sell the bookstore."

For a second, I felt faint. As if the floor gave way and let me fall into a deep, dark pit.

I leaned against some random car.
Inhaling through my nose and exhaling through my mouth, trying to calm my heartbeat.

This couldn't be happening
It was a nightmare right?
Please let it be a nightmare

"What?" I asked, my voice barely audible to my own ears.

Helen's face softened for a second, she reached out and placed her hand on my shoulder, "It's for the best dear. Your Great Aunt offered to sponsor your education and you can do it all without the burden of having to run your store."

I shrugged her hand off, breathing in increments of four. I felt lightheaded with the intake of oxygen, "No. Absolutely not. That was my mothers store."

"Annabeth-"

"No," I breathed, clenching my jaw, trying to keep the nasty words in. Helen had no right. Absolutely no right, "No."

"Annabeth expenses are piling up and the sale alone could set us up for a few years, with the twins now having to go to elementary school you need to understand-"

"I need to understand nothing."

I pushed past her, spiriting through the parking lot and up the stairs. I stood on them for what felt like hours, playing the words over and over in my head until I was convinced this was a fever dream.

I returned to the hospital room, taking a seat on the sofa with a snoring Matthew.

This was a hallucination. That is all.

"Wise girl?" Percy's hand gripped my shoulder, "What's wrong?"

I took a shaky Inhale, looking up at the bright floresent lights. My eyes burnt with tears, "Helen-"

Helen entered the room with a nurse just then, which didn't do me much good. Percy's grip tightened as he looked at her and the nurse signing some of Bobby's charts.

"It's for the best Annabeth. Come home when you're ready to talk," Helen whispered, seizing Matthew from beside me.

The boy whined, his eyes slowly opening. He closed them immediately, flinching at the bright room and clinging on to Helen.

"Do introduce me to your friend here, Annabeth," Helen said, looking at Percy. She gave him a polite smile and he gave her one in return.

"Helen, this is Percy. Percy, this is Helen. There, you've been introduced," I said, wiping my eyes with my palms, "Percy, Helen was just about to leave. Helen, Percy is going to stay the night with me."

"Umm...nice to meet you Mrs Chase," Percy shook her hand.

"Likewise," Helen replied, her eyes focused on me. Oh no! She probably thought I was being rude. Shame on me.

"I'll take your leave now, I'll be back tomorrow after dropping Matthew off at school," she said, patting the clearly too heavy cor her to hold boy in her arms. He groaned, something about how he hated school.

"There's some money over there, by the table if you want any snacks," she said, readjusting her son,"Bye dear. Bye Percy," she left, after a quick kiss on Bobby's cheek.

"Now...what's wrong?" Percy asked, turning his attention back to me.

I glanced over at Bobby, who was still soundly alseep.

"It's Helen," I whispered, "She wants to sell my bookstore, Percy," I inhaled through my nose, trying to steady my breathing. I heard my voice crack at the end and I refused to break, especially when my step-brother could wake up any moment.

"Can she do that?" he asked, taking my hands in his, "Isn't it yours?"

"I'm set to inherit it when I'm 18. Till then, it still does technically belong to my...parents. Oh Gods I knew this was too good to be true!"

"Annabeth listen....we'll find a way okay? It's going to be alright," he kissed the top of my head, "It's going to be alright."

"Can't we ever catch a break?" I asked.

"Well....I guess not catching a break makes everything more exciting?"

"Then we've had enough excitement for a lifetime. I just want....I just...."

"I know," he said,"but hey....It's still Christmas....wanna go find some mistletoe?"

I pushed him away, finally smiling,"We're at a hospital so no."

"Didn't seem to stop us before"

"That doesn't count!" I countered, feeling my face heat up. Gods the things this boy does to me.

"There's the face I like to see," Percy grinned.

"Oh shush you," my smile grew wider, "I'm glad I have you."

"And you always will"

He was right about one thing I suppose. We'll find a way. We always do.
I'm not giving up my bookstore without a fight.

————————————————————————-

Hey everyone....
So a little apology...I'm really sorry I haven't posted for almost a month. And for the crappy chapter.I had a lot of things going on.

But I'm back now! I might not post on the designated dates for the next two moths (exams are coming and whatnot)
But rest assured! All my stories will be updated weekly
And by that I mean The Bookstore, Half of my Heart and The Merman and The Princess.

Speaking of the Merman and the Princess,
Do check it out!!
It's a Percabeth fanfiction of course

So....Any suggestions for the book?

Stay tuned!!
—S (for sorry I haven't posted in so long)

The Bookstore || A Percabeth fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें