74

"HELP!" Karma shouted as they bursted into the building, Chiyo's limp body in Gakushū's arms. "Emergency! Someone! Doctor!" He was in such a panic that Karma didn't realized he had spoken in Japanese instead of Italian. Fortunately a doctor recognized the distress in his voice and walked up to them. "Cosa c'è che non va signore?" She asked, concerned.

"She col--è crollata davanti a noi!" Karma corrected.

Another doctor approached them, this time speaking in fluent Japanese. "Does she have any illness?"

"BMD!" Gakushū exclaimed.

The two doctors looked at them in alarm. Suddenly nurses flocked around them, taking Chiyo from Gakushū's arms.

"What is your relation to the patient?" The Japanese speaking doctor asked.

Gakushū looked at Karma.

"I'm...I'm her older brother" he told them

________________________

A little while later, Karma, Gakushū, and Layla are talking to a doctor outside the surgery room. It was the same doctor that spoke to them in Japanese earlier. "She needs a transplant as soon as possible" he told them. "She's in stable condition...but I am not sure how long we can, keep her like this"

Gakushū looked at Karma's pale face, and Layla's tear stricken eyes.

"I-" Karma was about to speak, but was cut off by Gakushū. "I'll do the procedure" Gakushū stepped up. "Then-" the doctor was cut off by Karma. "What? No! I said I'm the one who's-"

"Karma, you have necrosis. So you can't do the procedure" Gakushū said with a frown. "You'll either end up infecting Chiyo, or you'll end up dead on that operating table"

"But-" Karma was once again cut off by Gakushū, this time he placed a finger to his lips. "I've thought this weeks ago, and I've decided it should be me" he smiled affectionately at Karma. "I'll fix everything. I'll save Chiyo, I'll make sure that bastard Kagami never comes near you or me ever again, we'll have a re-do of our marriage and this time we'll have all out friends and family" he promised, kissing Karma's head. "Soon this will all be over...trust me"

Karma bit his lip, touched by Gakushū's words. And he knows that his husband means them, he always keeps his promises to him after all.

"I'll come with you" he pressed. Gakushū shook his head. "No, I don't want you watching"

He pushed Karma towards Layla. "Stay here with Layla, and tell our friends about what we've been through here in Italy. They'll want to know" he kissed the love of his life's delectable lips.

"I'll be back. Everything will be over soon" he smiled at his love.

Karma just nodded, letting go of Gakushū's hand, watching him disappear with the doctor.

In all honesty, he's glad Gakushū stopped him from doing the surgery with Chiyo. Because originally, he planned to die on that operating table. But not anymore, because what Gakushū said ignited something inside Karma, hope, and a new drive.

Karma swears that he will never ever leave Gakushū ever again. And that he will stay by Gakushū's side for as long as he lives. For as long as his medication is in his hands and Gakushū is in his life, he'll push himself forward.

And who knows? Maybe even have a kid of their own if life was kind enough to allow them that.

For a while, he and Layla stayed in silence. Karma played with the ring on his finger while Layla sat there stone faced.

He did as Gakushū said and sent a long message to their GC explaining the events that led up to where they are now.

Before they could reply though, he shut off his phone(not before texting his mother about what happened earlier with Chiyo) and shoved it in his pocket.

"I'm sorry" he heard Layla whisper.

"About what?" He asked, not looking at her.

"Everything" Layla said. "I'm sorry for your hardships, your childhood, what you are going through, for forcing ourselves into your life" her voice broke. "It's just that, Chiyo is my baby and I love her more than life itself, and when Kagami told me about you and that you could be a match for her...I felt hope. As a mother you never want to imagine that your child could die before you and-" she bit her tongue and covered her mouth with her hand to muffle her sobs.

"I didn't even know that--I didn't think he--...Kagami would go so far as to kidnap-" she looked at him, her eyes red. "I'm so very sorry"

"It's not your fault" Karma finally faced her. "Kagami's a piece of shit"

This forced Layla a laugh. "Too bad it took Chiyo telling me she's okay with dying and, you getting kidnapped and almost dying for me to realize that he's not a good man. Funny how one could think they know a person but then the next second they find out that person has been wearing a mask the entire time"

"I understand what that's like" Karma said, remembering years ago when he found out that Gakushū was dared to make him fall in love with him, the wonderful painted image he had of Gakushū was shattered into a million pieces. "But it all worked out in the end for me huh" he thought with bitter amusement, remembering when Gakushū literally crashed into glass doors at the airport in his desperation to catch him and stop him from leaving.

"Hey, wanna hear a story?" He asked Layla.

Layla looked at him inquisitively. "Well, we'll be here for hours, why not" she smiled slightly

__________________________

Day 24 12:00am

"What...the hell" Gakushū groaned  as he wobbled out of the room he was just in. He did not want to think about what just happened in that operating room, he felt sick enough of having to remember what exactly the did.

Natsuki was there, hugging her son who was asleep. The mother and son sat on a long bench pressed against the wall. When Natsuki saw him she shook Karma awake

Karma woke up with a start, his eyes instantly traveled to where Gakushū was(as if he knew Gakushū was looking at him) and stood up instantly when he saw his husband. "Gakushū!" He rushed over and hugged his strawberry blonde tightly.

"Hey" he coughed out, still weak from the surgery.

"Gakushū" Karma said.

"Karma" Gakushū smiled, but then he felt very sick suddenly. "Oi, what's wrong?" Karma pulled away from their embrace, worried. "Why do you look so pale?"

Suddenly his husband collapsed, taking Karma down with him. "Hey! Gakushū! Wake up!" Karma yelled, hitting Gakushū's sides. "I told him he should rest for a moment but-" the Japanese speaking doctor sighed at them. "But he insisted that he was alright, and that he couldn't wait to see have his husband in his arms again and go home at last"

Home. Right, it's over now. Karma felt like his heart was about to burst.

They were going home soon.

(Author: Gakushū has another surprise for Karma regarding his illness. Also this story is about to end soon since I'm running outta ideas)