【Chapter 11】

Sykkuno gazed at the stars on his bed, they shimmered and glittered. Sykkuno had always loved star gazing, his parents had often laid beside him watching him gaze at the stars.

That was multiple years ago and though they aren't here with him anymore he knows they watch him with pride at the person he's become. He stared at the moon only a couple more hours before the sun started to rise. Surely he could get some extra sleep before he needs to change shifts right?. Sykkuno closed his eyes.

"Sykkuno" Corpse said, Sukkuno's eyes snapped open. "Ah! Corpse!" Sykkuno gasped, "you're lucky I caught you and not Schlatt" he snapped, "sorry" Sykkuno apologized. "Speaking of Schlatt, have you seen him?" Corpse asked.

"No, not since yesterday, when Lizzie told Schlatt that you found a dead animal on the edge of the camp barrier" Corpse looked at him confused. "I never saw a dead animal..." Corpse stated.

"What?" Sykkuno asked, what did he mean? "I never saw or scented a dead animal while I was outside or in camp" Corpse repeated. "Then where did Lizzie lead Schlatt?" Sykunno asked. The two looked at each other and Sykkuno stood up.

Corpse ran for the camp entrance and Sykkuno followed, they followed the border of the camp until Sykkuno caught a glimpse of something in the corner of his eye. A half eaten body of a rabbit lay there, half eaten by maggots.

The ground around it was messed up, obvious signs of struggle were visible. "Corpse!" Sykkuno called him over, Corpse appeared out of a heather bush "what the..." Corpse gasped. "It's been here awhile," Sykkuno explained.

"Let's bury it then follow the trail Schlatt left, it's faint but it's there" Corpse sighed.

Words - 292