CHAPTER 14 || Survival instincts

Start from the beginning

"Oh, Onjo. Good morning."

"Morning. Are you okay? How was your hand?"

Cheongsan looked at the bruised knuckles that was caused by hitting the drawer last night and back to Onjo.

"I am fine."

Minji found herself unfitting in the situation, awkwardly stepped away from the two.

She walked towards her seat. The others started to wake up, some were stretching, some were yawning.

Minji looked at the figure beside her, who was still sleeping like a pig. She reached him and gave him a shook on the shoulder.

"Yah."

The boy did not budge.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook."

"Five more minutes..." the boy said in a daze, eyes not even opened yet.

"Wake up kookie! It's zombie apocalypse right now!" Daesu hit his head. Wujin and Suhyeok also came and tackled him.

"Okay okay!" Jungkook chuckled and finally woke up.

Minji looked at the boys who cuddled and laughed together, and then looked down to her fingers. They looked very cheerful. Even though they were all suffering from this tragic situation, they were glad to have each other, they were there to support each other.

She pursed her lips and played with her fingers, wondering was there even a chance for her to get some warmth like this before she farewelled to the world.

"How long are we going to wait for?" Hyoryeong asked.

"Until somebody comes to save us." Onjo replied.

"It's not like they really would come." Hyoryeong commented.

"So? Are we going to go out?"

Jimin walked towards the window and had a look. There were helicopters spiralling in the air.

"Even if the rescue teams were coming, they don't know where we are." She said.

"Let's hand some signal flags." Onjo suggested

"What is that?" Hyoryeong asked.

"Flags for international communication, I remembered my dad telling me it's some figure combining red and blue..."

Everyone was confused about what Onjo said.

"Forget it, let's hang a curtain writing sos?"

"That's the only thing we can do." Hyoryeong nodded.

Minji only listened to their chats, she herself did not really think somebody would help them on time.

"We could not last long anyway." Namra suddenly said.

"Three minutes without oxygen, three days without water and three weeks without food."

"What's that?" Suhyeok asked.

"How long humans can survive."

"It's only one day. We can try."

"After today we will become dehydrated. Tomorrow we would not be able to move."

"What do you want to say? We are going to die anyway so just don't do anything?"

"I don't know."

"Then don't say anything!" Jimin snapped.

"I think class prez means we should think about what else we can do, right?" Suhyeok spoke, actively responded to Namra when no one else did.

"Not really... I mean we know nothing—"