Only Human: Epilogue

Comincia dall'inizio

"I don't know," Sally says, "but we'll figure it out together."

The chipmunk puts a hand on the AI's shoulder. She turns to the princess and smiles with an appreciative nod.

"Well, not quite, Sal," Sonic says as he has an unconscious Scourge over his shoulder. "You two are the last ones to go back. I'm hauling Scourge to the jail in the Parallel Zone. And then I'm getting some answers. Then I'll be right back home. Only take me a few days at most."

"Alright," Sally says as she and Nicole head to the portal. "See you soon."

"See ya," Sonic waves the two off.

And with that, they leave through the portal and back to Mobius.

Timeskip...

Only a few days have passed since the battle on Moebius and Y/n's sacrifice. Sonic has returned since then and everyone has learned off Y/n's death. When Shadow returned from his adventure in another Zone, he was also told of his old friend's death. And he did not take it well.

"N-no... You're l-lying... That's not t-true..." Shadow had said with tears in his eyes. "He can't be dead... H-he can't be..."

During that time back on Mobius, Sally was aided by Nicole in planning a memorial service/funeral for Y/n

During that time back on Mobius, Sally was aided by Nicole in planning a memorial service/funeral for Y/n. They got help from the the Freedom Fighters as well, but it was mostly just them two. And it wasn't going to be something big. There would be no body to place in a coffin and bury, or to cremate. There'll be some pictures of Y/n with flowers, and all the people that were his friends or who just wanted to pay their respects for the fallen hero.

And soon, that day came. Seated in the center of New Mobotropolis, the Freedom Fighters were seated in front of a small stage along with friends of Y/n and those who just wanted to pay respects. On the stage was a wooden podium with a microphone with pictures of Y/n and flowers strewn about, and something cloaked with a tarp stood behind the stage. And no sooner did the service start did Sally walk up on stage and to the podium.

"Hello, everyone. Thank you for coming here today," she greeted the crowd. "It's so nice to see that you all decided to be here. It was... hard for me to get out of my own bed this morning to come here, honestly. It felt painful knowing that I won't ever see Y/n again. I have a feeling a lot of you here have the same thoughts."

No one said anything, but they knew Sally was right. Y/n had all affected them, one way or another by either saving them or by just helping around before his house arrest... and death.

"When he first came to our world, back in Knothole, he was just a scared human who had no idea what he was getting into. Yet he decided to join a war he had no reason to be in. He didn't need to help, but he did," Sally continued with tears forming in her eyes, but she wipes them away. "He was by our side since then, helping us whenever he could. From fighting our enemies, to running errands, and just being a friend to all of us. Even when public opinion split about him, he still fought for all of us."