The FFs Strike Back!

Not long after the end of the last chapter, Sonic is seen kneeling in front of an unconscious Y/n who's head was lying on a rock. The Sun was just rising now as Amy stepped up to Sonic.

"Sonic...? What's going on? What happened to Y/n?" she asks.

"I don't really know, but Y/n's out of it for now," the Blue Blur replies. "And Knothole? The Egg Fleet burned everything, and captured everyone. Zapped them ingobwhat Eggman called his "Egg Grapes"."

"Who cares?! All of Knothole is basically gone, and Y/n is knocked out!" Knuckles says. "We need to figure out our next move!"

Suddenly, a groan is heard and everyone turns to look back at Y/n who's eyes were scrunched up. Then he slowly opens his eyes, looking around as his eyes moved around until they landed on Sonic.

"Sonic...? What happened?" Y/n asked as he slowly sat up, rubbing his head.

"You stopped Eggman from hurting anyone else," Sonic says as he places his hand on Y/n's shoulder, "but, in the end... Eggman still won. He beat us."

Y/n's eyes widen in shock before he looks down, saddened as he remembers everything. Then he looks at his Chaos Gem and panics, hastily grabbing at it and throwing it off of his neck. Knuckles rushes over to the gem and catches it, quickly turning to Y/n.

"What do you think you're doing?!" he asks the human who just stares at the Chaos Gem in fear.

"K-keep that thing away from me!" he orders the echidna.

Everyone just stares at Y/n in confusion as Tails steps forward.

"What's wrong, Y/n?" the twin-tailed fox asks. "Why are you so afraid of it?"

"Th-there's something in it... something I can't explain," Y/n stutters.

"What? What did you see?" Knuckles asks Y/n.

"I-I don't really know... but..." Y/n looks up at the echidna. "I-it looked like a hedgehog... with weird quills. And glowing green eyes..."

Knuckles looks at Y/n before looking down at the Chaos Gem in his hands.

"I'll keep this with me, just in case," Knuckles says and puts the gem away. "I'll talk to Locke about it the next chance I get."

"Th-thank you, Knuckles."

The Guardian nods and turns to Sonic.

"What's the plan?"

"You guys help Y/n get back up on his feetand start fixing up Freedom HQ," Sonic says and walks over to what remains of said HQ. "I'm going to take what I can from the lab and get our families and friends back."

"You can't go after them alone!" Tails tells Sonic. "Give me a minute to build something or--"

"You'll be safer here," Sonic says. "I'll get them back. Don't worry."

Sonic continues forward and make his way into the Freedom HQ lab before a blur of green rushes past him, making the Blue Blur stop when he sees a tired and sparking Y/n standing in front of him.

"What the--?"

"You are not going alone, Sonic," the human tells the hedgehog. "Eggman killed Sally... I need to make him pay."

"Killed Sally"? Y/n, Eggman was lying," Sonic tells his human friend. "Sally and everyone else were sent into prisons to become energy sources. She's alive."

Y/n nearly collapsed to the floor with the news. He was relieved that Sally was relatively okay and still alive. However...

"Not everyone is still alive," he says.