Chapter 17- Shen Qingqiu is so close to giving up

They continue down the winding tunnels. Shen Qingqiu is starving, if it comes down to it he'll eat Wei Wuxian.

Yes, he technically doesn't have to eat to survive but he's become spoiled thanks to his sticky husband! He looks over to Xie Lian and Wei Wuxian who also look hungry.

If they get out of here, he's going to make them buy him food for getting him in this mess. It's mostly Wei Wuxians fault for making Xie Lian eat that mushroom! Then again... Xie Lian is very unlucky, so it's also his fault!

Shen Qingqiu really does have too much patience for these protagonists. It might be a soft spot he has, a protagonist is a protagonist after all!

All of a sudden, a ferocious growl erupts throughout the cave. Xie Lian readies Ruoye and Shen Qingqiu draws Xiu Ya. Nothing approaches them and they turn around.

"Haha, sorry I'm just really hungry," Wei Wuxian chuckles. What the fuck!  "Say Xie-Xiong... do you have any food on you?" Wei Wuxian asked, eyeing Xie Lian. Xie Lian chuckles nervously, pulling out something from his sleeve.

"I only have this half eaten mantou bun... but it's stale and almost a year old so-," Xie Lian explains, but gets cut off as Wei Wuxian snatches it out of his hand and eats the whole thing. All Xie Lian can do is stand and watch, not knowing whether to laugh or cry.

"Thank you Xie-Xiong!" Wei Wuxian beams, giving a thumbs up at poor Xie Lian. Xie Lian just nods as if in a daze as Wei Wuxian continues walking.

Shen Qingqiu will never look at Wei Wuxian the same way again.

The three continue walking, as they have been for hours. Wei Wuxian starts to hum WangXian again despite Shen Qingqiu's protests but Shen Qingqiu is too tired to even say anything to go against it.

He thinks back to where this all started: Luo Bing-ge. It's all his fault that he got stuck with two protagonists! Shen Qingqiu sighs, mentally banging his head against a wall.

He can try blaming others as much as he wants but in the end it's always Airplane shooting towards the skies fault. Or maybe even his own fault for dying. He doesn't really regret it, after all he met Binghe in the end.

Now look at what wandering for so long has done! It's turned him into a sappy, homesick husband! But he can't help it, he's going to get out even if he has to sacrifice Wei Wuxian in the process.

As if the gods heard that and are on Wei Wuxians side, the cave starts shaking intensely. The floor under them gives out and they fall. Yep, Shen Qingqiu is going to die. After all that hard work too!

Shen Qingqiu closes his eyes and braces for impact but it never comes, instead he feels something wrap around his waist and tighten. After a few moments, he opens his eyes. Xie Lian saved them with Ruoye!

But... they are all tangled together now.

...fuck

"Xie-Xiong you saved me!" Wei Wuxian rejoices, he is hangin upside down from his ankle.

"Ah, it was no problem." Xie Lian smiles, hanging from his wrist.

"How stable is this?" Shen Qingqiu asks, looking at the drop down.

"Ruoye should hold, don't worry Shen-Xiong," Xie Lian reassured. Shen Qingqiu let out a sigh of relief, hoping to the gods that Xie Lian wouldn't jinx them again.

Thankfully, he didn't jinx them, but they hung there for hours. Wei Wuxian eventually passed out. Shen Qingqiu had to convince Xie Lian not to drop down. Xie Lian claimed he wouldn't die from it he would only have to heal his body. Shen Qingqiu quickly put a stop to that.