Chapter 2- The fall

Would Xie Lian consider himself unlucky? Absolutely, without a doubt. One of the only lucky things that happened to him was meeting and being with San Lang. So what happened to him wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

The morning started like any other morning, he would wake up beside San Lang and then eat breakfast. Xie Lian and San Lang would switch on who cooked breakfast. Today, it was Xie Lian who cooked breakfast. As always San Lang enjoyed it.

San Lang then went to take care of a problem in ghost city and Xie Lian was summoned to heaven to take care of another issue. The issue was an unknown rift appearing in the middle of a forest. So, he was sent to investigate.

As he was walking down the trail in the woods, he saw the rift. He moved to get closer and tripped over a stick... and fell into the rift right before it exploded. This is why he finds himself with two other interesting people in the middle of a bamboo forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would Wei Wuxian consider himself unlucky? Kind of, his luck is off and on. He was unlucky enough to die but lucky enough to get revived and find Lan Zhan. This is why he thinks his situation right now is weird.

His day started when he woke up in the cloud recess, next to his beloved Lan Zhan. He decided to go wander around the cloud recess, where he saw a rift. And him being him thought "let's go med with it!" Which is how he got Lan Sizhui and Jin Ling to throw sticks and rocks at the rift.

They were having a blast until he tried to throw a log into the rift and accidentally fell in. Not one of his proudest moments, but it was a heavy log! That was how he found himself with two new friends in the middle of a bamboo forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I wanted to ask, Wei-Xiong, what is a Yiling Patriarch?" Shen Qingqiu asked.

"You haven't heard about me? About the attack on night city?" Wei Wuxian gasped. Both Shen Qingqiu and Xie Lian shook their heads. Wei Wuxian seemed genuinely shocked. He looked like he was about to say something until the three of them heard someone run towards them. Shen Qingqiu looked up and saw none other than the menace himself; Shang Qinghua.

"Bro did you see that- OH MY GOD!" Shang Qinghua gasped once his eyes landed on Wei Wuxian and Xie Lian. Wei Wuxian smirked and Xie Lian smiled and waved awkwardly. Shang Qinghua sputtered for a bit before turning to Shen Qingqiu. "Can we talk... alone?" Shang Qinghua blurted before taking Shen Qingqiu's sleeve and dragging him away.

"Do you know something?" Shen Qingqiu questioned.

"Yes! My system is on, and I'm assuming yours is too. And those people are Xie Lian and Wei Wuxian! The main characters of two of the books I inspired PIDW's world after! And also two of my favorite books!" Shang Qinghua blurted.

"You know them?" Shen Qingqiu probed, Shang Qinghua nodded.

"Yes, we'll no, but I know who they are. Which means that Hua Cheng and Lan Wanji shouldn't be too far behind." Shang Qinghua speculated.

"Who the hell are they?" Shen Qingqiu inquired.

"You'll see, let's go back to them. To make sure they don't get lost." Shang Qinghua answered. They walked back to the two protagonists.

"Wei-Xiong, Xie-Xiong, this is peak lord Shang Qinghua of An Ding peak." Shen Qingqiu introduced.

"Pleasure to meet you." Xie Lian smiled.

"Nice to meet you!" Wei Wuxian smirked, hosting out his hand for Shang Qinghua to shake. Shang Qinghua looked like Wei Wuxian just offered him a fortune instead of just a hand. "Am I so attractive that you were left speechless? It's only a natural reaction to me, you don't have to be ashamed!" Wei Wuxian teased. Shang Qinghua stammered and started speaking so fast it was unintelligible. Shen Qingqiu hit him once with his fan to shut him up.

"You two must be confused and tired from your travels. Allow me to house you in Qing Jing peak for a few nights." Shen Qingqiu offered.

"It's alright, you don't have to-," Xie Lian started, but was interrupted.

"Thanks! What types of alcohol do you have?" Wei Wuxian thanked. Shen Qingqiu couldn't even answer before he heard someone else start to run towards them.

"Shizun! Shizun!" Shen Qingqiu heard Ming fans shout. Ming fan continued to run towards them until he got in front of them, panting. What was with people running towards him today?!

"What is it Ming Fan, this master is in the middle of a conversation." Shen Qingqiu said. Ming Fan looked at the two strangers and Shang Qinghua before glancing back at Shen Qingqiu.

"This disciple apologizes for disturbing you master, but who are these two?" Ming Fan asks.

"Ming Fan, this is Wei Wuxian and Xie Lian. They will be staying is Qing Jing peak for a few nights. Is that all you wanted?" Shen Qingqiu responds. Ming Fan quickly shakes his head.

"No, this disciple came to inform you that two strange men appeared, and Luo Binghe is about to fight a man in red!" Ming Fan informed. Shen Qingqiu saw Shang Qinghua practically jump in excitement and Xie Lian and Wei Wuxian look more interested out of the corner of his eye. He sighs, when is Binghe not in a fight with someone? If not Liu Qingge then it's someone else. And this time, it's someone from another universe.

"Lead me to them." Shen Qingqiu orders. Ming fan nods and leads the group to where they see a man in red and Luo Binghe arguing. A man in white is also there, standing off to the side as if he is observing.

Shen Qingqiu knows that this is going to be interesting. Of course, he wants to stop the fight since he doesn't know how in effect the protagonist halo is since there are now three protagonists.

The man in red is dressed fancy. He has long black hair with a small braid. He also is wearing an eyepatch. He had an unamused look on his face and there is a scimitar practically vibrating on his side.

The main in white has long black hair with a white forehead ribbon. He also has a guqin on his back. He has a stoic expression on his face.

Luo Binghe looks upset, Shen Qingqiu is glad Ming Fan came and got him when he did, or else a fight would've broken out.

"Lan Zhan!" Wei Wuxian beamed and ran to the man in white, jumping into his arms.

"Wei Ying!" 'Lan Zhan' said, wrapping his arms around Wei Wuxian.

"San Lang!" Xie Lian smiled, and ran towards the man in red, hugging him.

Shen Qingqiu sees how the man in red's facial expression softens immediately upon seeing Xie Lian.

"Gege, who are these morons?" The man in red, 'San Lang' asks, shooting glares at everyone but the man in his arms.

"Who are you calling a moron? Shizun isn't a moron!" Binghe defended, unsheathing his sword.

"Put your sword away or I'll crush you like the worthless insect that you are." 'San Lang' threatened.

Shen Qingqiu didn't know what to do in this situation.