Chapter 9- the hole

Shen Qingqiu, Xie Lian, and Wei Wuxian are walking back to where their husbands are. Shen Qingqiu is walking in the front with Wei Wuxian behind him and Xie Lian behind Wei Wuxian. Now, Shen Qingqiu is no longer an amateur at dealing with Xie Lian's luck. After spending the day with him he realizes how severe his bad luck is.

"Be careful, don't trip." Shen Qingqiu warned. He didn't say it but this was directed at Xie Lian specifically. If anyone was going to lead the trio into another wife plot, it was Xie Lian!

"Ah, I don't see why we should be careful, the ground is smooth with no holes-," Xie Lian starts to say, but trips on a twig, causing a domino effect and they all tumble into a hole.

What. Did. Shen Qingqiu. Fucking. Say.

The one time he has the sense to warn Xie Lian, it ends up betraying him! They land in a maze area, it's dimly lit with candles. If you listen closely you can hear footsteps on the other end of the walls.

"Sorry..." Xie Lian apologizes, he should have kept his mouth shut.

"It's...fine," Shen Qingqiu sighs, getting up and dusting his robes off.

"What is this place?" Wei Wuxian asks, looking around with wonder in his eyes.

"It appears to be a maze." Shen Qingqiu answers.

"Well, lucky for you two, I am an expert at figuring things out!" Wei Wuxian boasted, pointing a thumb at himself and puffing his chest out. "I'll get us out of here!" Wei Wuxian declared, marching into the hallway to the left.

"Thank you Wei-Xiong!" Xie Lian smiled. Shen Qingqiu didn't believe a word that came out of Wei Wuxians mouth, but he couldn't let poor Xie Lian suffer alone.

After 3 hours of wandering around the seemingly empty and endless maze, Shen Qingqiu had enough.

"You obviously don't know what you're doing, let's retrace our steps and find another way out." Shen Qingqiu suggested.

"Just give it some time, I can figure it out!" Wei Wuxian insisted, mentally doing eenie meenie miny mo catch a tiger by its toe between two hallways in front of them.

"Oh please, you couldn't figure out how to pour water out of a boot if the instructions were printed on the fucking heel." Shen Qingqiu scoffed. Wei Wuxian dramatically gasped and held a hand to his heart.

"Shen-Xiong I am offended!" Wei Wuxian gasped. "It's not like you're doing anything to help, you're more useless than white ink on a blank sheet of paper!" Wei Wuxian shot back.

"I'm useless? If I climbed to the top of your ego and jumped down to your IQ, I would be dead." Shen Qingqiu sneered.

"Well if I don't have brains then I have dashing good looks! Which explains why you look the way you do." Wei Wuxian said, glaring at Shen Qingqiu.

"I have the appearance of an immortal master, you have the appearance of a flattened raccoon." Shen Qingqiu snarled, flicking his fan open.

"Uh- guys-," Xie Lian softly said. He's starting to feel bad for getting them trapped here, even if it was an accident.

"Ha! If my nephew's dog looked like you I would shave its butt and teach it to walk backward." Wei Wuxian smirked.

"It must be difficult for you, exhausting your entire vocabulary in one sentence." Shen Qingqiu sneered. "Just try to see things from my view! I'm tired of being lead around for hours on end, I'm pretty sure Xie-Xiong is too!" Shen Qingqiu sighed.

"Hey-," Xie Lian tried to speak but was once again ignored.

"I'd try seeing things from your point of view but I don't think I could fit my head that far up my ass!" Wei Wuxian snapped.

"Why you-," Shen Qingqiu started but was interrupted.

"Honestly Shen-Xiong, I feel bad for Luo Binghe. If I was your lover I would poison your tea." Wei Wuxian huffed.

"If you were my lover I would drink it, I don't know how Lan Wangji puts up with you." Shen Qingqiu murmured.

"Guys behind you!" Xie Lian shouts. The two turns behind them and are greeted with a giant, probably 30 times their height. It is bald and towers over them, drool dribbling down its mouth. It has two teeth sticking out from its lower lip and has a worn cloth tied around its waist. It has a big wooden club in one of its hands. It is also noticeably missing an eye. It was a very horrendous creature.

"Hey Shen-Xiong, it looks like you." Wei Wuxian said, before running down one of the hallways.

"Wei Wuxian you-," Shen Qingqiu uttered, running after Wei Wuxian. They eventually reach a dead-end, huffing. They don't hear the giant come after them. But, the only thing is Shen Qingqiu feels he forgot something important. He looks around...HE FORGOT XIE LIAN! A PROTAGONIST! SHITSHITHSHIT!

Wei Wuxian seems to realize they forgot Xie Lian too and they rush back out of the hallway, only to find Xie Lian sitting across from the giant. He seemed to be talking to the giant with his signature calming smile. Shen Qingqiu is confused, Xie Lian notices their entry and beckons them over.

"Shen-Xiong, Wei-Xiong,  this is Wu Kong. He lives down here," Xie Lian introduces, gesturing to the giant. The giant waves, smiling a bit.

"You... made friends with the giant!" Shen Qingqiu asks, in disbelief.

"Of course, we did come into his home uninvited." Xie Lian answers. "He even says he'll help us escape!" Xie Lian informs. Now Shen Qingqiu is convinced that Xie Lian is a Disney princess, or at least the protagonist of a Disney movie!

Wu Kong nods and stands up, holding his hand on the floor for the trio to step onto. They step onto it and Wu Kong stays over the maze walls and there's an opening. He holds them up to it.

"Thank you Wu Kong!" Xie Lians thanks, waving as the entrance closes up and they are back on Qing Jing peak. Shen Qingqiu should probably report the existence of a giant and a maze under the sect. He looks at Wei Wuxian, who still looks sour from their earlier fight.

"Wei-Xiong, about earlier, I...do not think you're not smart. My temper got the best of me, I apologize." Shen Qingqiu apologized, opening his fan and covering the lower half of his face. Wei Wuxian looked at him in slight shock before smiling.

"I am also sorry as well Shen-Xiong. You are good-looking, almost on my level!" Wei Wuxian smiled, wrapping an arm around Shen Qingqiu's shoulders. Shen Qingqiu turned to Xie Lian.

"We owe you an apology as well Xie-Xiong, we shouldn't have fought like that in front of you, or ran off without you." Shen Qingqiu says.

"Ya, I'm sorry Xie-Xiong," Wei Wuxian says. Xie Lian perks up at this and smiles.

"It's fine, I'm used to it. I have two other friends who fight all the time." Xie Lian smiles, walking up next to them. Wei Wuxian wraps an arm around his shoulders as well. They make their way back to their concerned lovers, who look ready to turn Can Qiong mountain sect inside out to find them.

"What happened?" Luo Binghe asked, cleaning to Shen Qingqiu. He looked like he was about to cry, Shen Qingqiu awkwardly patted his back.

"We... ran into a problem." Shen Qingqiu answered, trying not to worry his Binghe.

"Oh, Lan Zhan! We all fell into a hole and landed in a maze! It was so scary, there were giants everywhere trying to eat us! Shen-Xiong and Xie-Xiong were paralyzed in fear! Luckily they had me and I carried them both to safety and we got out!" Wei Wuxian shared, his voice dramatic as he leaped into Lan Wangji's arms. Lan Wangji remained stone-faced as he carried him. Both Luo Binghe and Hua Cheng did not believe him.

"There was one giant, and it helped us get out after Xie-Xiong talked to it." Shen Qingqiu clarified, glaring at Wei Wuxian.