I give him the most heartfelt smile I can muster at the moment. I gaze passed Sejin and look at the guys. "I owe you all an apology as well."

"What for?" questions Taehyung, the rising sun illuminating his frame. "I'm happy you tackled her. She wouldn't stop touching my thigh under the table no matter how many times I moved her hand away."

"Do you know her?"

"I've seen her around at events and stuff, but no, I don't."

"She must have a lot of confidence to do that to a stranger," Namjoon introduces.

"No kidding," Yoongi cuts in.

"I'm just glad nobody got hurt. Well, you guys, anyhow," says Sejin.

"What do you mean by that, Hyung?" Seokjin inquires.

He proceeds to specify, "Audaire partially dislocated that woman's shoulder."

"Alright!" Jungkook hollers. "My girl kicked ass tonight!"

Jimin snorts, and Sejin places a hand over his mouth to conceal his laughter. He clears his throat to try and revert to a solemn manner again. It fails when Hoseok starts cracking up. Soon, we're all a laughing mess.

"Guys, please," Sejin starts once more, wiping a tear from his eye, "it's not funny."

"Hyung's right. This is serious," states Jungkook. "I shouldn't have made that comment."

"Then why are you still giggling about it?" interrogates Yoongi, who happens to be giggling as well.

Jungkook faces the wall to pull himself together. He takes a deep breath and turns back to us. "Sorry. I'm good now."

***

During our modest breakfast, a realization occurs to me. "Fuck."

Everyone stares in my direction with a muddled countenance.

"I'm gonna get sued, aren't I?"

Taehyung stops mid-bite of his cereal, the spoon resting in his mouth. He probably didn't think of that possibility either.

"You won't be," Sejin shakes his head. "If she does decide to sue, the company will handle it since you're employed under us."

Alleviated, Taehyung finally chews his food. I sigh in relief too, albeit guilt still remaining. Even hours later, adrenaline continues to course through my blood. I'm unable to eat more than a few measly bites of my breakfast. I set my bowl in the sink and lean over the countertop, breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth to calm my nerves. I fear an oncoming panic attack.

A hand softly begins to stroke my hair in an attempt to comfort me. "Everything will be alright, baby. I promise."

I look at Namjoon. "The media should be talking about all of your wins tonight. But instead, they'll be talking about this and how you guys have to pay to get her shoulder popped back into place."

"If she releases a statement, then so will we. Right, Hyung?"

"Right," Sejin concurs. He stands up to put his dish away. "Please try to get some sleep, okay? This will blow over."

"Hyung, do you wanna rest here for a bit?" asks Yoongi. "You haven't slept much."

"You can take my bed," Taehyung offers. "I'll stay with Audaire."

"Thank you, Tae," he accepts with a smile.

We clean up the table after we're finished with breakfast and head off to our respected rooms. I remove my blazer and place it on a hanger while Taehyung changes into his pajamas. He then closes the curtains to block out the bright nine a.m. sun. We lie in bed, cuddling as close as possible to each other. I sling my arm across his torso. Taehyung presses a kiss to my temple. "Thank you. Seriously."

"I just wish I didn't go so hard on her, you know?"

"I know," he replies. "But I'm glad you did and I love you for it."

"You love me because I beat a girl up for you?" I chuckle.

His eyes become crescents. "No. I love you for so many other reasons too."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." He shifts his body, sinking deeper into the pillow. "I love your messy hair in the morning, and how you try to fix it before you come out of your room so that we don't see. But most of the time, you're too lazy to do anything about it." He laughs to himself. "I love how intensely you care for me and the members. You never go a day without showing your adoration for us. And...I love how you treat every moment we're together like it's our last. You cherish it."

I prop myself up on my elbow, a single tear rolling down my cheek; a happy tear for once

I prop myself up on my elbow, a single tear rolling down my cheek; a happy tear for once. I cup the side of his face with my palm. "I will always treasure every second I spend with you." My thumb rubs over his velvety skin. "And most importantly, I will always, always love you. Endlessly."

His voice becomes nothing but a whisper. "Endlessly."

[AN] I just think Tae and Audaire's ending moment was so cute 😭