Steven didn't say anything for moment.

"I fear no man", said Steven.

"I didn't ask you if feared him, I'm asking you to be smart. Take people with you at least", said Malaysia.

"This is my family we're talking about. I'm the protector of my family. Nobody else so guess what Malaysia? This is my job...separated out not. Adopted or not....I don't know maybe all of this is for the better. Maybe all of this is God's doing but...I still love y'all. I'll do anything for y'all", said Steven.

Malaysia looked down.

Steven got out of the car.

Malaysia looked at Kevin.

"Malaysia right?", asked Kevin.

"...yea", said Malaysia.

"You wanna follow him?", asked Kevin.

"Yes", said Malaysia. "I- I can't loose him. I mean I know I was the one that left but that was only because I was scared and he- he cheated on me and I was angry with him."

Kevin started driving.

"I'm sure nothing has been going on with him until now. I mean like maybe we're just bad luck for each", said Malaysia. "If it's nothing bad happening to me, it's happening to him and idk. I just want him to be okay"

"...you do know that's all in your head right. According to him, being with you were some of the happiest days in his life? Did you guys run in to issues? Yes. But you two dealt with them. Shit will always happen to him in this type of lifestyle every now and then...but that shouldn't tear y'all apart. Because love is what will always bring you guys together", said Kevin.

"I didn't expect you to be deep", said Malaysia.

"Probably expected me to a killer too. But I'm not. I just work one", said Kevin. "I got a family too so I know about the things you might be feeling"

Malaysia looked down.

"Don't follow him. I trust that he knows what he's doing and he'll be okay", said Malaysia.

———

(WITH STEVEN)

Jaquavius open the hotel room door.

"Mind if I come in. Promise I'm not going to start nothing. I just wanna talk.", said Steven.

"Fuck you want?", asked Jaquavius.

"Matter fact let's talk in the lobby", said Steven.

"What? Scared I'll kill you?", asked Jaquavius.

"Nah. I'm trying not to kill you", said Steven. "Let's talk in the lobby."

Jaquavius made a face.

"Where my baby at anyway?", asked Jaquavius.

"You know what, Imma cut the bull shit. I know you put your hands on her and the old me would've killed yo ass as soon as you opened the door. Hell the old me would've just waited until you walked outside to pick her up to kill you dead in the street. Matter fact the old me would've just tortured you slowly. But I'm not going to do that", said Steven.

"Damn, you'll do a lot for somebody who don't want you no more", said Jaquavius with a smirk

"Damn. We in the same boat then cause she don't want you either", said Steven. "Oh and by the way, if you thought you were going to trap her, you thought wrong. She got her tubes tied"

Jaquavius's smirk went away.

"All I'm asking you to do is stay away from her, if you can't do that then well...I guess we'll have a bigger problem", said Steven.

"You think that just because you big around her that I'm scared of you?", asked Jaquavius.

"Nah, nah man. I think that because I know your little secret, that I got you right where I want you.

"That's up to her", said Jaquavius.

"Man how many times I gotta tell yo dumb ass that she don't want you.", said Steven.

Jaquavius nods. "Okay", said Jaquavius. "We done talking"

"Don't dismiss me. I'll dismiss myself", said Steven.

"Yea whatever", said Jaquavius before he shut the door.

Steven began walking to the elevator. He felt like he was doing the right thing. He didn't know much about Jaquavius. He didn't know if he killed Jaquavius that people would come after Malaysia or worst King. He wanted to get Malaysia back, so he was trying to do things different but he didn't know if he was doing what was best.

TO BE CONTINUED....