[007]

02x12
"the descent"

Although Mira was dreading becoming a hybrid, she knew that the breaking of the curse would be crucial in the plan to kill Klaus.

She knew he was family to the people she saw as family, but he had gone too far.

She wanted revenge.

When she crawled out of her bed, she pulled a grey hoodie over her shirt. It fell to her thighs and she walked to her kitchen with the aim to make a morning coffee.

She hadn't gotten that much sleep, going over every locator spell in her notebook. She needed to siphon the cloaking spell whilst also performing a locator spell that would be powerful enough to search the entire sea.

Which meant she had to store her magic.

'At least if it's not me, then someone is getting rid of the bastard,' a voice echoed, and she froze, her cup halfway to her mouth.

She hadn't heard his voice in a while. Her tormenter. Mikael was the devil, a horrible man who was a worse father to the Mikaelson children. When he realised Mira had the power to see him, he tormented her for years.

He was close to breaking her mind, keeping her awake for days on end. She stopped eating, his insults and his manipulation drove her to almost releasing him from being trapped, and if it wasn't for Kol teaching her how to block out ghosts she didn't want to see, she was sure that the lack of sleep would drive her insane.

The heavy feeling in her chest that accompanied the arrival of Mikael's voice disappeared, and so she assumed Mikael did as well. She shook her head, writing off the strange occurrence as a lack of concentration.

'I fully approve the murder of my brother,' a kinder British voice said from behind her, and she turned to see Kol, his eyes full of rage.

'No, you don't,' she said with a sad glint in her eye. 'But I'm going to do it anyway. He deserves it.'

She finished off her coffee before placing it in the sink, and turned to see Kol still standing behind her.

'What are you going to tell my mother?'

'That I don't accept the deal,' Mira shrugged innocently. 'She'll get over it.'

'Trust me, my mother knows how to hold a grudge,' Kol said, running his fingers through his hair. 'She wont simply 'get over it.''

'Klaus needs to die,' Mira said firmly. 'He threw your bodies into the sea. If the only way to kill him is to break the curse then so be it.'

'Yeah, and what about your curse?'

There was an awkward silence.

'What do you mean my curse?' Mira questioned slowly, and Kol winced slightly.

'It wasn't that hard to figure out darling,' he said softly. 'It was either a spell or a curse, and it would make sense if it was connected to Nik.'

Mira bowed her head as she pinched her eyebrows together. She didn't want anyone to know, she wanted to deal with it by herself.

'Why didn't you tell me?'

'It was none of your business.'

'And that's supposed to mean something to me?' Kol scoffed. 'Have you even thought about it? You haven't killed anyone, but that could change at any moment. The anger will be intermittent, explosive, and almost uncontrollable. Not to mention- '