Chapter one (The pauper princess)

Chapter one

The Pauper Princess

"Earth to Dannica!" Lionna said as she waved her hand in front of me. "Are you still there?"

Suddenly, I went back to reality as I looked up at her. Her new colored hair falls on her shoulder. She was curling it with her finger as she waits for my answer.

"Yeah, I am just thinking of something." I answered. I guess I think too much nowadays.

“Why don’t you take a look at my new bag. It’s the trend from Chanel!” Mandy interrupted showing her bag on her right shoulder while walking. She was waving it off and I admit I was envious.

“I also have my new Jimmy Choo’s.” Lionna also showed her new pair of shoes. Now, envy even crept more on my body.

"Yeah. It’s nice." I just smiled at them awkwardly. I just can’t show my real feelings.

“How about you Unnie? Have you gotten your week new fashion trend? You haven’t showed anything.” I turned around to the one asking. Mandy’s a half Korean. She spent her first ten years of existence at Korea then they moved here in Philippines. I am older than her that’s why she was calling me ‘unnie’ at some times.  That means big sister to them.

“I am not in the mood Mandy. Stop calling me that weird Korean word.” I answered. I had warned her before not to call me with that Korean word especially when I am not in a very good mood. Now, reminding me having no new thing? That would really ruin my already ruined mood.

She just pouted at me and turned her back murmuring Korean words again. Tss. She’s so immature.     

“Hmm. Okay, out of that thing. Since it is weekend, why don’t we go shopping? Since Dannica had not showed any, we can just buy it.” Lionna cheered, clapping her hands in enthusiasm as if she just had the best idea ever.

“Keuri! We should also hunt boys!” Mandy agreed as she jumped for joy. Now, that’s how I call it immaturity.

“Heep! Correction! It’s not hunting boys but boys hunting us!” Lionna corrected her.

“Whatever!” I can’t help but to roll my eyes. They’re being too cheesy with their lines and I found it disgusting. “I just decided, if I’ll go shopping, I won’t come if I’ll have to go with the two of you.”

“Why? We have not gone into malls because you always cancel it. You won’t show us anything new and you’re always not in the mood. What’s wrong with you unnie?” Mandy argued. Now, that really really is not a good statement.

“Can you use your brain Mandy? I am grounded; my cards won’t function, and lastly, stop calling me that! Will you?” Now I really burst out. “And one thing too, that bag doesn’t suit your childish act. Wanna know what suits you? Buy a Barbie bag back and wiggle it same as how you always do with your bags.”