"What happened?", asked Malaysia.

"What do you mean?", he asked as he walked her to the room.

"My eye. It feels swollen", said Malaysia as she felt it.

" you got in a fight with girl", said Jaquavius.

"She must have been a strong bitch", said Malaysia.

Jaquavius walked into the room and put her on the bed.

"I got you some ice for it though. Put that on it", he said.

Malaysia grabbed for the ice but missed it. She grabbed for it again and put it on her eye.

"Thank you", she said.

"No problem", said Jaquavius.

Malaysia laid there and she suddenly fell asleep.

"Malaysia?", he said.

Malaysia quickly opened her eyes.

"You can't go to sleep. You think you have a concussion", said Jaquavius.

"I wasn't asleep. I was just resting my eyes", said Malaysia.

"Can't do that either", said Jaquavius.

"Boo, you stink", said Malaysia.

"...I just wanna make sure you're okay", said Jaquavius. "I love you...I love you til death"

"I love you too", said Malaysia with a smile.

Jaquavius held her hand.

————

The following day, Malaysia put some makeup on and met with Steven and their lawyer. She was still forgetful about somethings but she knew other things.

"Well yesterday Malaysia asked if we can talk to them in person", said Steven.

"No. We can't do that", said the lawyer. "We can't speak with them until the court date"

"When is the court date again?", asked Malaysia. August, 23th", said the lawyer.

"Right and this is about King?", she asked.

"What is wrong with you?", asked Steven.

"Nothing. I was just trying to confirm", said Malaysia.

"Who else would this be about?", asked Steven.

"Malaysia, who is King?", asked the lawyer.

"Um..I know the name I'm just ..I'm trying to remember", she said.

Steven made a face.

"It's your son", said Steven.

"If it's my son then why isn't Jaquavius here?", asked Malaysia.

"Because it's our son. Not his", said Steven.

"Oooh...oh yea Jaquavius did tell me all of this. I'm sorry. I forgot", said Malaysia.

"Everything okay Mrs. Williams?", asked the lawyer.

"I got into a fight yesterday with some really strong girl...she was strong...anyways yea. I fell on the ground during it and I might have a concussion", said Malaysia.

"You need to go to the hospital", said Steven.

"No I'm fine", said Malaysia.

"You are not fine! You can't even remember your own son!", Steven shouted.

Malaysia touched her head.

"Stop yelling please", said Malaysia.

"What really happened to you because I know damn well no female gave you a concussion. How you remember that but nothing else?", asked Steven.

"Jaquavius told me", said Malaysia.

"So he sat there and watched you while you got your ass beat or did he it?", asked Steven.

"Why would he do it?", she asked before turned her head. "He told me you'd say something like that", she mumbled.

"What?", asked Steven.

"Are we done here?", asked Malaysia.

"You can go Kevin. We'll discuss more when he big ole head can remember stuff", said Steven.

Kevin grabbed his things and left.

Malaysia looked at Steven.

"That nigga is crazy", said Malaysia.

Steven was caught off guard.

"Who's crazy?", asked Steven.

"Jaquavius. I had to act like I couldn't remember shit to get out of the hotel room. Look, Steven you were right. He ain't shit. He beat me and under this make up you'd get up right now and go kill his ass but you can't right now", said Malaysia.

"Who can't? I'll kill everybody in the got damn hotel just to make sure his ass dead. I don't a fuck. He put his hands on you", said Steven.

"This morning he was on the phone with someone...he said King's name. I don't know who he was talking to or what it was about but I- I don't think we should do anything to him until we find out. I lost my baby once and we're trying to get him back...I'm not trying to lose him for good", said Malaysia.

"Damn it", said Steven.

"I was thinking about getting his phone to see what number he was talking to while he sleep but I don't know the passcode", said Malaysia.

"How about I have someone came by and they hack it. He'll be outside the door, just give it to them", said Steven.

"What if he wakes up and sees me opening or closing the door?", asked Malaysia.

"Make some shit up. Say you going to get towels or something", said Steven.

"In the middle of the night Steven?", asked Malaysia.

"I don't know. Make something up so we can get the number", said Steven. "Matter fact. What's his phone number? I'm going to call him tonight. We can tap in his phone during the conversation"

Malaysia pulls her phone to see what Jaquavius's number is.

"Then after that I'm going to kill him", said Steven.

"Do what you gotta do. I don't care. He's a bitch", said Malaysia.

TO BE CONTINUED....