Season 1: 2# Guardianship Is Hard

Start from the beginning

Mat: Hi Zach.

Zach: Hi.

Toby: Dad, can't believe you're okay now.

Mat: Not 100%, son, but getting there.

Brad: Well, he's showing progress in just a day. While you guys were gone, we managed to switch him to a simple nasal cannula instead of positive airway ventilation and I'm impressed with his physical therapy and his motor skills. Even after just lying on a bed for a month, he's still able to walk.

Taka: The convenience of being a Dark spirit Guardian.

Mat: Hybrid.

Martha: Wow, that's fast.

Brad: However, he's experiencing post-sepsis syndrome already. It could last him 6 months or a long time. And is already immunocompromised.

Larry: Isn't he already immunocompromised?

Brad: Yeah, but his immune system got weaker despite his healing abilities. Recovery's gonna be tough, he might need long-term supplemental oxygen.

Mat: Great.

Tommy: Tubbo, you look like Mat.

Tubbo: Wait what? How?

Alice: Your hair and your nasal cannulas.

Tina: Like father like son.

Ben W: Tubbo, where's your jumper?

Toby: Zach was accidentally put on blood thinners and he hit his elbow while running.

Brad: It seems like your brother escaped and swapped Zach's antibiotics with blood thinners.

Mat: Andrew playing with meds? What a sick sick man.

Ben W: You're sick.

Mat: Thanks for saying it. When will I ever be released?

Brad: Tomorrow if there are no more complications.

Mat: I wonder what will happen today?

Zach: Technoblade died.

Eryn: Who died?

Wilbur: Technoblade died.

Niki: I thought Technoblade never dies.

Cara: He did.

Brad: We'll attend his funeral this evening. We misunderstood him all this time.

Reece: So we're going to cremate him?

Brad: Yup.

Mat: I'll watch it from my bed. I'm going to video call Ben and he's gonna show the entire thing.

Zach: You know how that thing works?

Mat: Yeah, I read the amulet manual but my stupid dyscalculia can't even read the numbers there. However, I figured out how the video call function works.

Toby: You should've allowed me to help.

Larry: Mat's a bit stubborn so there is no way he could accept help.

Mat: Shut up, Larry.

Brad: Well, I gotta go change and talk to Connor about Technoblade's funeral.

Brad went out of the hospital room to change out of his work clothes and then meet Connor. My teammates and I just waited in the hospital room chillin' because we need to make up for the lost time with Mat. I know, a month isn't a long time but it is for us. Mat missed out a lot ever since Chinese New Year, he didn't get to have his Valentine's date with Ben and he didn't get to celebrate Bea, Sierra, Carm or Hannah's birthday. And now that it's March, he missed out on the entirety of February.