Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

You never feared the prospect of death before. Now was no different. If this was your punishment for the sin you had committed, then so be it.

Your eyes closed and you accepted your fate.

But the girl who lived in the cabin had other ideas.
-----------------
Mitch could hear the people outside clapping. He peeked outside the window to see a small crowd gathered around Paola and Wirt. They were trying to scrape up some money to help pay for Federico's doctor.

He was kind enough to accept him even when they had nothing to give. Granted, they didn't really have many options.

They had found a town to lay low at for a while. It's been two days now since they escaped that cage. Mitch and Wirt felt like they should move on, but Mitch also knew he couldn't just leave them alone to try and fend for themselves.

Federico helped them, so Mitch was gonna help him.

Somehow.

He sighed as he looked up at the wooden roof. It had been four days total since they entered the Unknown. Four days since he last saw his friends. And who knows how you were doing?

The door opened which broke Mitch from his thoughts. He looked over to see Wirt and Paola enter the room. Federico laid in the bed that may have been a bit too small for someone like him.

Mitch: Any luck?

Wirt: We didn't get much. But the doctor said that we can wait until we get it all.

Mitch nodded at the information. Paola looked to her friend and sighed.

Paola: Did he move at all?

Mitch shook his head.

Mitch: Still nothing.

He then sighed as he lowered his head.

Mitch: It's my fault. He wouldn't have tried to bend those bars if I didn't belittle him.

Paola: Federico did as he wished, Mitch. It's was his choice.

Mitch just rocked in his chair for a moment before he got up. He shoved his hands into his pockets as he headed out of the room.

Mitch: I'm going for a walk. I need to get some fresh air.

As Mitch walked out of the room, a ways away, Blu sat in her room with a brush in her hand. She was trying to brush her hair the best she could.

It was hard. Not because she didn't know how to, but because she needed to do it exactly how Mister H liked it.

The door suddenly swung open without warning. Blu flinched and turned around to see a large figure in her doorway. She held the brush tightly as Mister H entered her room.

Mister H: Hello, Pretty Bird.

Blu didn't speak. She saw the papers in Mister H's hands. Her new song that he wrote. He had came by earlier to show her but she managed to buy her time with a few sweet words.

That wouldn't work again.

Mister H: Are you ready to try your new song?

Blu slowly set her brush down.

Blu: Uh, n-not yet, sir. I-I don't think....

She began to trail off as Mister H stared at her. He took a deep breath before he walked over to her. He then placed a hand on her cheek which made her flinch again.

Mister H: Blu, have I ever told you the secret to running a good show?

Blu didn't answer.

Mister H: I've been the ringleader for this circus for nearly 30 years now. The only thing that separates a good show from an utter mess, is a good script. And you, girl, are not following it.