Wish I couldn't feel

The  noise  in  my  head  it  too  loud,  though  the  house  is  silent,  the  music doesn't  play  and  the  wind  is  not  playing  with  the  trees  outside. 

Such  an overwhelming  silence  that  seems  to  only  exist  to  remind  me  of  how  alone I  am.

Im  the  one  thats  missing  when  there  are  people  around  me;  the  one missing  out  in  conversations  because  the  only  thing  I  can  hear  is  the echo  of  the  tears  I  shed  when  nobody  sees  me.

Im  invisible. How  can  anyone  see  through  me  when  I've  been  reduced  to  nothing? Oh,  the  fire!  Once  I  was  fire.  Or  I  thought  I  was.  Maybe  it  was  all  just smoke.

The  fallacy  of  believing  Id  be  someone  special,  that  Id  mean  something to  someone,  that  I  could  make  someone  happy.  That  I  was  worth  it. I  should  have  believed  them  when  they  said  I  wasn't.  Maybe  no  words were  ever  spoken,  but  they  made  sure  to  hurt  what  I  wanted  to  become.

Seems  like  everything  I  touch  turns  to  dust,  and  I  don't  even  want  to dust  this  lousy  place  I  inhabit  anymore.  So  there  I  lay,  occupying  space.

My  mind  got  so  tired  pretending  to  exist,  yelling  in  vain,  to  the  top  of my  lungs  for  a  hand  to  lift  me  up,  that  now  its  doing  its  best  to  destroy the  body  that  carries  it.  And  that's  ok. Nobody  will  be  able  to  blame  me  this  time  when  I  finally  let  that  last breath  out.

The  echo  of  my  solitude  resembles  the  dreams  I  used  to  have.  A  novelty at  first,  an  utopian  reality  now.