Ch 4: Nute Gunray

Start from the beginning

"I wasn't serious" she said. "But the only way he'll talk is if he's scared enough."

Gunray slowly got up from the ground.

"Perhaps I was too hasty" he said. "Let us negotiate."

Ahsoka looked at me smirking. The ship shook as an explosion went off.

"Captain, status report" Gree said.

"Droid fighters, incoming. They've brought boarding ships" the captain said over the comms.

Argyus let us out of the cell as Gree got a better understanding of what's going on.

"Gree, I'll need your assistance" I said.

"Let's go" Ahsoka said.

"You will stay here with Captain Argyus" I said. "Guard the viceroy."

"But" she said.

"I'm not Anakin, I'm not going to argue with you" I said. "You stay here."

"As you wish, master" she sighed.

Gree and I ran down the hall to see battle droids as I grabbed my sabers. I sliced a couple of the droids in half meeting with the clones at the other end of the hall. I started blocking blasts until the droids were no more.

"Looks like the last of them, general" Gree said.

"Yes but I sense our troubles are not over" I said.

I looked around feeling something off.

"You okay, general?" He asked.

"Ahsoka" I said before running down the hall.

I got onto the lift seeing Gunray out of his cell with a familiar person beside him. I ran once more grabbing my sabers.

"Ventress" I said.

"Ah, Organa" she smiled.

I held my hand out as the cell opened for Ahsoka to get out. I grabbed one of my sabers fighting it against Ventress's as Ahsoka was on the other side of her.

"Surrender" I said.

I looked at her confused as she put her sabers away with her hands up. The ground moved causing Ahsoka to fall to the ground while Ventress held her hand up pushing me to the wall. I chased after her as she jumped into the lift shaft sliding down with her sabers. Ahsoka and I stood side by side looking down. She went to jump as I grabbed her arm.

"Thanks" she said.

"Everything's running haywire. Communications down. Propulsions dead. She's crippled the entire ship" Argyus said.

"She's come for Gunray" I said. "Stay here and guard him. Ventress is mine."

"Master, all due respect, Ventress is too powerful for any one Jedi to fight alone" Ahsoka said. "Let me help you."

"I've fought her before, I know how powerful she is" I said. "Stay here and help guard Gunray."

I jumped down the shaft kicking my foot against the wall landing on the ground. Dead clones laid on the ground as I ran down the hall. I looked around sensing her presence in a nearby room. I walked into the generator room grabbing my sabers as Ventress jumped from above. I blocked her sabers with mine as she slashed a pipe, the steam burning my eye. I jumped back holding onto my eye.

"Do you think you'll still be able to call on the Force after I've separated your head from your body?" She asked.

"Oh, Ventress" I said. "You really think you could? You fight with your emotions, no real training. Just a knock off Count Dooku."

She ran towards me as I used one of my sabers to cut her leg. We began dueling when she held her hand out attempting to use the Force. I held my hand out fighting against her as she gave up, her body falling to the ground. I turned my head as Ahsoka ran in. Ventress jumped towards her as Ahsoka held her hand out sending her into a pipe.

"I know, I know, you told me to stay" she said.

"Since you're already here" I smiled.

Ventress crawled out of the pipe before jumping up.

"We can't let her get away" I said.

We jumped up to the upper level. A piece of rubble began to move as I glanced at Ahsoka. I walked towards it, throwing the rock revealing a droid. It hopped up going about its business. We continued on when my comm began beeping.

"General Organa, we've been betrayed" Gree said. "Argyus has freed Gunray."

"I'm so stupid" I said.

We ran out of the generator room when a pipe was thrown towards us. I sliced it in half as Ventress jumped down. I ran towards her swinging my saber at her. She started cackling when a button on her wrist began beeping. My eyes went wide as she jumped up and slid into a vent. Ahsoka jumped after her as an explosion went off throwing her body. I quickly grabbed her hand as she dangled over the ledge. I threw her body onto the ground as I slowly stood up.

"Come on" I said.

Running out of the generator room we heard an escape pod fly off. I slowly walked to the window to see the pod meet up with a stolen ship.

"I am not going to hear the end of this from Anakin" I said.

"You and my master are very close?" Ahsoka asked.

"You could say that" I said. "You did a good job today, Ahsoka. You've come a long way since I met you."

She smiled as we walked to the command center. I tracked the ship noticing it was near Kit Fisto's fleet. I sent a message to him about Gunray's location. I looked at Gree who had a bruise on his face.

"Sorry I couldn't get him, sir" he said.

"No need to be sorry" I said. "You're still my best soldier."

He smiled as I approached the center console. Holograms of Yoda and Anakin appeared as I smiled looking into his blue eyes.

"I'm sorry that despicable wealth worm Gunray got away" Ahsoka said.

"It's okay, Snips. I know you did your best" Anakin said looking to me.

"She did great" I said.

"Master, I-" she said.

"Troubling is the treachery of the Senate guard, Captain Argyus. Revealed all around us our enemies are" Yoda said.

"All is not lost. Gunray and Ventress stole a Republic ship to make their getaway" I said.

"It can be tracked" Anakin said.

"Indeed" I said.

"A coward Viceroy Gunray is, but powerful allies he has" Yoda said. "Swiftly, we must move if we are to recapture him."

"Master Fisto's fleet was near Gunray's position. I've already contacted him to follow the signal" I said.

"Ahsoka, I'll meet you at the rendezvous point" Anakin said. "Cal is on his way to you, Luna."

I nodded as the hologram disappeared.

"I loved serving beside you, Master Organa" Ahsoka said.

"You're more than welcome to call me Luna" I said. "Safe travels, young padawan."

I smiled watching her walk out. I turned to Gree nodding my head.

"Let's get underway, captain" I said.

The Perfect Jedi • Anakin Skywalker On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara