Kissing You; Chapter 30; The Final Chapter

Start from the beginning

"I remember when Kyle said pigs would have to fly before he ever got down on one knee for a girl," Maxin murmurs with a foolish grin on her beautiful dainty face. She turns to me and I can't help but think that it does definitely sound like something Kyle would of said.

"Can we not talk about the boy as if he's dead!" Mr Carlson hisses with his hand covering his eyes and his neck strained back against the wall, so he flaunts his masculine jawline and defined Adam's apple. He's quite attractive for a guy in his early thirties.

"Can you stop being so negative! Kyle is going to be okay!" Kathleen yells. I rub my forehead then close my eyes to block out everything.

"Please. No shouting," I whisper as my head starts to throb.

"We're sorry, honey," Kathleen mumbles with her hand going through her bleach blond hair.

Inaudible silence creeps underneath my skin and I can't help but notice the small specks of blood on my beautiful crystal white gown. My fingers start to tremble again and my knees turn into jelly. Why is it taking so long? Why hasn't the doctor told us any news yet? The hands of time seem to be ticking slower and slower with every guilty breath that escapes my poison lips.

Everything seems to be moving in slow motion and I'm the only one stuck in time. I tap my foot on the ground and play around with the ring for a method of distraction, but no matter what I do, I can't escape the haunting image of Kyle disappearing out of my life for good and me being forever alone with no one in the world to love me unconditionally like he does.

"So what you naming her?-" Maxine starts, startling all of us from that long period of silence. I part my lips in a slow bewildered motion. "If it is a girl...of course..." Her voice trails in embarrassment.

"Erm well we decided to um...name her..." I take a deep breath. Here goes nothing. "Name her Tiffany," I quietly continue, keeping my eyes away from their blazing intimidating ones.

Mr Carlson flicks his eyes open then peers at me from the corners. I quickly turn to Kathleen and her dark green eyes seem consumed in her flat energy. I gulp as they all glare at me until Mr Carlson expression turns furious and all his features tense up. I don't think he quite likes the idea of me naming my un-born baby after his deceased ex spouse. But he has no right to be angry at me, he was the one who cheated on her for some blond who is clearly too young to even drink.

"What did you just say?" He snarls.

I part my lips but nothing comes out. I stutter under my own words until the doctor finally strolls out the hospital door. I shoot up from my seat and glare at his impassive expression. The suspense and the anticipation creeps up on me and my heart beats at a fast pace.

"Well?" I prompt the doctor to speak, my voice croaky and dry.

"The stab wound is pretty deep and we've only just been able to block the external bleeding. He's able to get a few words out but he's still not fully recovered so he definitely cannot make any sudden movements and no interrogation until full recovery." I let out a deep exhale knowing that everything is perfectly fine. After his recovery, we'll have our baby, get married then live happily ever after.

"What a relief. Let's go see him!" Kathleen rapidly sighs then begins to shuffle towards the hospital room but the doctor quickly mirrors her actions then blocks her way. She pouts her lips in confusion then knots her arched brows together.

"He specifically wants to speak to Sasha only...in private..." the doctor explains.

I shoot my brow at him then slowly make my way towards the door. I push the handle down then follow my eyes to where I see the edge of the bed. I peer around the corner and I see him. There. Frozen. Alone. Tubes attached to different parts up his arms and a heart monitor by the side. Tears begin to stride down my face as he lays flat on the bed, the sound of the monitors beeps at a regular pace as my feet slowly tip toe closer towards him.