Kissing You; Chapter 24; Taste That Your Lips Allow

(JACOB'S POV)

I tilt her chin up so both our eyes finally interlock. The lost tears disappear form her punished face and I sense the urge to be loved in her vague expression. "Jake," she softly exhales as her eyes slowly shut, shutting out all the pain and all the tears. It's finally happening. I'm about to kiss the love of my life. No interferences. With my fingers still cupped under her chin, I close my own eyes then pull her face closer to mine so I smell the faint taste of her strawberry lips. Why haven't our lips touched yet? I can taste it before we've even met. Her breathing secretly passes through her lips and fan against mine. I feel her top lip finally interact with mine; and just the slightest of touch sets fireworks off. Just as I'm about to cup her bottom lip with mine, her pocket starts vibrating and a catchy tune emerges from the gap. Shit! Her phone! Don't answer it, Sash! Please! "You don't need to get that," I exhale, my lips hovering over hers.

She gulps as she ringtone's volume increase immaculately. She quickly pulls away from the sound of her phone ringing in her pocket. Shit! Fuck! I was so close! My eyes shoot open to the sight of her gazing at me with embarrassment and a dash of guilt. Her cheeks radiating a hot ruby color. No baby! Don't pull away! You felt the spark too! I know you did! The awkward silence stretches between us. I was just about to passionately kiss my brother's girlfriend until her stupid cell phone had to go off. I run both my hands through my hair as she quickly springs up from the sofa to answer then phone in the kitchen. I rest my elbows on my knees then bury my head in my sweaty palms. I peer at Sasha from the side as she gets deep into the conversation. Her eyes burn with glee as she starts to fiddle with her necklace; so I know its definitely Kyle on the other end. She always plays around with her necklace whenever I mention his name. I guess I'll always be second best.

"I'm with Jacob now. At your parent's house." I hear her say down the phone. My head snaps towards her direction as she stares at me, then quickly drops her eyes to the ground when I catch her. Why does she have to be so beautiful? I ride my hands up my flustered face then through my hair. She's bound to hate me now. I've just broken our friendship because I couldn't resist her enchanting siren call. I glance at her once more before my own starts ringing. I peer at the name on the screen and she's definitely the last person want to talk to right now...

(SASHA'S POV)

"I'm with Jacob now. At your parent's house," I whisper as I glance over at Jacob who turns his gaze to me. I drop my eyes to tile flooring and I feel my own cheeks burn with inferno. What was I thinking? Feeling the urge to kiss my boyfriend's brother. Fuck!

"Baby what's wrong? I can sense panic in your voice," Kyle breathes down the phone.

"It's nothing. I'm fine." I rotate my head to face Jacob who is in the fa corner, deep in conversation on the phone to someone. "Obviously you're not okay. I have seven missed calls from you and a text message. Don't you dare lie to me Sasha. What the fuck is up?" His voice is blunt and sharp. Gosh! He's so intimidating.

"My mom's left me, Kyle..." the silence passes through the cell phone and swivels down my eardrums, making my heartbeat burn with hazardous fear. "she's left me and I just got attacked...preferably by the same creep who stole my necklace that night after your party."

"How the fuck did you get attacked? Who was with you!"

"I got to Jacob's house and I realized that I left my phone in my car so I had to go back and get it. As soon as I got it, I sent you a text message and that's when the creep grabbed me around my waist and whispered..." The furtive tears burn the base of my eyes and threaten to spill out. I press my lips together and listen to faint sound of my throat about to crack.