Kissing You; Chapter 23; Love Attack

Comenzar desde el principio

"Do you want something to drink?" Jacob questions me as I lift my head up from his chest.

I want Kyle. "No thank you."

He screws his eyebrows at me."Come on Sasha, you look like you're about to freeze to death," he whispers, rubbing my arm with the palm of his hand. His touch soothes the pain. I place my hands on my shorts to feel for my phone but feel nothing. Shit! I must of left it in the car. "What's wrong?"

"I left my phone in the car." I shoot up from the sofa. "Well give me your car keys and let me get it for you. It's dark, cold and it's raining." He gazes at me through his lashes so his sexy green eyes fight for visibility.

"I'll be fine. You just need to stop worrying too much about me," I laugh as I quickly walk over to the door.

"Well if I don't then who else will?" he calls after me just before I exit the house leaving the door wide open behind me.

I toss my hood over my head, keep my head low and jog over to my car. My stomach curls into a tight ball then fights my body. I cradle the base of my stomach with my arm as the pain intensifies. I really need to eat something. I unlock my car then head for the passenger seat where I spot my phone on it. It must of slipped off the bag when I was leaving. Clumsy me. I stretch over the driver seat and grasp onto the phone. Half my body in the other half experiencing the pouring rain on my naked legs. No missed calls. No new messages. No Kyle.

I slither out the car, and lock it. I stare at my phone then decide to quickly send Kyle a message instead. My legs slow down as I concentrate on what to send him. The rain may be cold but just the look of his name warms me up again. I slowly type a short messages, my fingers unable to move at a faster speed. Just as I'm about to tuck the phone into my pocket, I feel a pair of very strong arms scoop me around my stomach then a hand force themselves over my lips. My lungs kick and punch for air and my feet levitate off the ground. I let out a painful scream but it comes out muffled as their force over me tightens around me.

My legs kick in the air as I feel a hard figure behind me. Tears pour down my eyes and even though my screams are loud and croaky no one seems to hear it. I try to remove the grasp the person as around me as he walks backwards into the darkness but they're way too strong for me. "Sshh," the finally breathes down my neck. His voice hoarse and smooth. Quite familiar. "Your precious boyfriend is not here to protect you now, is he?" Shit! He knows about me and Kyle!

I close my eyes in infinite pain just as I spot Jacob in the distance rushing out the house and towards us. I yell out his name but its inaudible. I'm dropped onto the ground, my legs and hands scratching against the rough wet concrete and my breathing recovered. That voice is so familiar and deadly. Almost like I've heard it before.

"Sasha!" Jacob yells as he sprints towards me and without me even realizing it, scoops me up from the ground and carries me back into the house.

The only thing protecting me at this point, is the sound of his steady heartbeat against my ears. He locks the door behind us with me still in his arms. He carries me just like how Kyle does. He sits me on the sofa like a baby then sits on the table so he can face me. It was only a month ago when Kyle was sitting on the same spot cleaning me up after the fight I got into with his ex Kya.

I'm scared. I'm traumatized. I need protecting.

I feel used and I need to be loved for a change. I woke up today to the sound of my beautiful boyfriend's voice and now ending the day to the sound of a creepy guy who's been preferably stalking me. My mind turns into a blank canvas and I don't want to think about anything anymore.

"Don't cry," he whispers.

I nod my head in understanding but the tears don't stop flowing. That's easier said than done. "People love hurting me Jacob. First Kyle, then my mom and now someone I don't even know. Did you get a glimpse of what he looked like?"

"I never saw the creep's face. He had a gray hoodie." Gray hoodie? He can't be the same guy who stole my necklace and stalked me in the restaurant could it?

"It's him," I breathe to myself. "Who?" Jacob quickly replies, bringing his face closer with intriguement. "I think someone's out to get me, Jake."

"Why? Why you? You're a good girl, you haven't done anything wrong."

"Maybe because I'm with Kyle. Maybe Kyle associated with the wrong people? I don't know. But the guy said to me 'your precious boyfriend is not here to protect you know is he'. He knows about me and Kyle and I think he wants to hurt me. Or maybe even kill me." The thought of someone hurting me because I'm dating Kyle haunts my conscience.

"You said the word 'associated' like he still doesn't," Jacob mumbles, turning his eyes away from mine. I stare at him and scrunch my lips in confusion. Why did he just say that? "He said he's changed," I murmur, refusing the urge to break into an argument.

"Okay, Sasha." He runs his fingers through his hair then glares at the clock which is behind him. It's only nine, twenty-five. "Should we call the cops?" he questions me.

"No! They don't need to know about this!"

"Sasha there's a creep trying to kill you!"

"Please, Jacob don't! I just wanna be safe."

"The police will protect you, Sash."

"I need some love and attention," I mumble shyly as I drop my head down and listen to my inaudible tears run down my eyes the reach the curve of my lips.

I need Kyle to wrap his arms around me and tell me how much he loves me. For me to run his fingers through my hair the delicately kiss around my lips before he actually collides with them. I feel Jacob tuck a strand of hair behind my ear before he carefully tilts my chin upwards so I can face his intimidating eyes and soft lips.

"I would never let anyone hurt you Sasha," he whispers.

I sharply inhale at the same words Kyle said to me just when I told him about my past. His reassuring voice drains my petrifying emotions and leaves me completely lost and hypnotized. He lightly brushes the the tears away from my eyes with the back of his fingers then lightly flicks my soar nose with his forefinger. I twitch my lips to a smile at his childish behaviour then lock into his gaze. "Jake," I softly breathe as his lips secretly usher me closer and the room spins around us. He moves his face a little closer as my eyes slowly close at his nearer presence. My heart melts with desire as I delicately push out my own lips towards his...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Debbie Nia Monroe xoxo