23: into the Lion's den

Scott is currently walking with the man known as Gonzalez as they're going over the plan one last time.

Scott: "and you'll lead him right into the train and I'll handle the rest, use this to keep in contact." He says giving Gonzalez an ear piece.

Gonzalez: "yeah yeah I hear you." He says nervously.

Scott: "see you in a bit." He says walking off towards the train station as Gonzalez heads to his usual spot.

Meanwhile Nøkk is in a parking lot dialing the number Scott gave her and waits patiently for this Agent Chavez to answer the call.

Agent Chavez: "Agent Chavez." He answers as Nøkk gets straight to the point.

Nøkk: "hi Agent Chavez, I'm a friend of Crow and he told me to give you Intel relating to the gangs here." She says as Chavez finds this oddly specific.

Chavez: "oh yeah? And who are you?"

Nøkk: "his partner, you'll find them in a abandoned subway station, went down a few years ago." She says as Chavez tries asking how he's supposed to trust this. "Cause Crow wouldn't tell you if he wanted you to do nothing with this." She says hanging up as Chavez sighs in annoyance.

Gonzalez is sitting calmly in the diner and gazes around as naturally as possible.

Gonzalez: "So what's your game?" He asks in his earpiece while Scott is sitting on a bench in the train station.

Scott: "To put it simply Foster can point me in the direction of somebody I'm after." He replies adjusting his cap and fiddling with his jacket zipper.

Gonzalez goes silent and catches Foster entering the diner and sits a good distance from him.

Gonzalez: "He just entered the diner."

Scott: "Good, now act natural and get your ass to the train station, it's gonna be arriving here soon." He orders as Gonzalez nods and gets up paying for his meal and leaves the diner.

Foster follows him outside and begins tailing him. Gonzalez keeps his cool as Scott can hear his nervous breathing.

Scott: "Keep your cool Gonzalez, Foster is a pro at this so he'll know if something's wrong." He says trying to calm him down.

Gonzalez acknowledges this in his head and continues walking leading Foster who is keeping his eyes on him but is perplexed as to what he's doing out here.

Gonzalez: "I'm entering the train station now, you better be there." He whispers but gets no response from Scott.

Gonzalez enters the train as Foster jogs inside and is looking right at Gonzalez who is looking around.

Foster: "Gonzalez, why don't you and I have ourselves a conversation?" He asks smirking a bit as Gonzalez is about to draw his pistol till Scott grabs his shoulder and motions him to go. "Scott Branwen? The hell are you doing here?"

Scott: "Figured I'd catch up with you, I need some answers and I need you to be honest with me." He says allowing for Gonzalez to escape as the train soon takes off.

Foster: "What's so important that you had to cost my target to get away?" He questions on annoyance as the part of the train they're in isn't filled that much.

Scott: "Well for one I wanna know where Janette is and why you just sat back and did nothing."

Foster: "Hell you talking about?"

Scott: "Memory wipe ring a bell? Whenever I spoke up against Janette's bullshit?" He asks rhetorically seeing Foster's body language stiffen up in surprise.

Foster: "oh that... I don't know how you know but I won't bother asking, Scotty we did what we had to, you were too valuable of an asset to lose... You threatened to expose our operations and get us blacklisted."

Scott: "Hmph... And you people think what you did to me was the right thing?"

Foster: "We're in the CIA Scott, name one great thing we've done." He rhetorically demands.

Scott scoffs while shaking his head but maintains eye contact.

Scott: "Where is Janette?" He asks calmly but is far from calm.

Foster: "I don't know, but I'll take you to her... Once I beat your ass."

Scott: "heh... You can try." He says walking up to him as the two exchange stiff blows as Foster kicks him away while shaking his hand in slight pain.

Scott cautiously approaches Foster who throws a couple of quick jabs which he counters with a headbutt to the nose and follows this up with a combo of a punches that send Foster into some of the train seats.

Foster quickly kicks Scott in the leg and tackles him against a wall landing a few strikes to the body but is kneed in the gut in retaliation by Scott.

Scott continues his onslaught kneeing Foster multiple times in the gut with sharp pain shooting through Foster's gut. Foster eventually blocks these knee strikes lifting Scott and slamming him down onto the floor.

Scott feels the wind knocked out of him as his back hurts badly from this. Regardless, Scott rolls on top and begins throwing elbows which Foster blocks but it doesn't last.

Scott grabs one of his arms and tries applying an arm bad of sorts but Foster is holding onto his arm denying Scott the chance to pull back on it. The two eventually get back to their feet and circle each other.

Foster tries drawing his pistol but Scott grabs onto his wrist and slams it against a table till Foster yells out feeling his wrist being dislocated. Scott continues his attack lifting Foster up and slams him against the table.

Scott: "If you don't know where Janette is then I bet you know all about Rose and Moore." He says as Foster grits his teeth growling in pain.

Foster: "Look... Rose is running some op in New Orleans, trying to fuck with the cartel operations there and Moore? He's not even in the CIA anymore." He says as Scott sighs in annoyance as he already knew that from Centurion.

Scott: "And Janette's plan for the memory wipe? How she managed to get it approved for further use?"

Foster: "Higher ups see an opportunity, why kill terrorists when you can just wipe all of their memories and indoctrinate them to be an asset." He replies as Scott nods as it does make sense. "But Scotty? The minute Janette learns of this... You're fucked."

Scott: "If she learns of it." He says quickly injecting Foster with the memory wipe and soon passes out.

Scott helps Foster into one of the seats and sits back in a seat relaxed and texts to Nøkk that it's done.

Meanwhile back at the abandoned tunnels, Ezekiel is talking with Gonzales about what happened but they hear both multiple footsteps approaching as they see it's a damn SWAT team.

Chavez: "On your knees now!" He says aiming a rifle at Ezekiel who puts his hands up as does Gonzalez and the rest of his group.

Ezekiel (mind): "That mother fucker." He thinks to himself coming to a quick but reasonable conclusion.

Chavez: "Ezekiel Robinson, you're gonna be gone for a long long time... Enjoy the fresh air while you can." He says as Ezekiel has cuffs applied to his wrists.

Nøkk meanwhile is waiting by the car for Scott who arrives though she can see him favoring his back.

Nøkk: "You okay?" She asks as Scott sits in the passenger seat.

Scott: "I'll live, my fuck back hurts though... Foster slammed me onto the metal floor and I think something got pulled back there." He grunts out as Nøkk gently caresses his face.

Nøkk: "Well let's take a few days off then, a man your age shouldn't be running around like you are." She says getting in the driver's seat.

Scott: "Right... Let's get out of here." He says as Nøkk drives off as he's all the more closer to getting payback on Janette, then he can finally live in peace.