Chapter 4- Cantikka

"That's correct, Your Highness." Prime Minister Kanata said with a nod.

"Louria's aggression, Quilla's uselessness, Parpaldia's actions, and now this." Prince Tsugoku listed out. "If tomorrow, a motion of no-confidence is passed against your Government, and it passes, and it then reaches my desk... I will have to ratify it and dismiss you from your post. You will go down as the most disgraceful Prime Minister in this Principality's history."

Prime Minister Kanata had nothing to say to that. He knew it very well himself.

"I'm not supposed to do this, but at this point, I think I should do something." Prince Tsugoku said with a loud breath.

"Wait what?!" Prime Minister Kanata asked in surprise.

"I'll give you one piece of advice. I would have said it behind a proverb, but I think you have too much on your plate to wrap your head on that. So I'll say it bluntly." Prince Tsugoku said. "Don't try to please everybody at once. You will end up making nobody happy."

"Your Highness, what are you even–" Prime Minister Kanata started before Prince Tsugoku stopped him.

"Unfortunately, I will have to cut our meeting short. I have a prior appointment with my grandchildren to meet within the next ten minutes." Prince Tsugoku said with a smile. "However, we will continue this meeting in a few days. I will tell you the date and time after going through my schedule."

"I understand, Your Highness." Prime Minister Kanata said.

---[+]---

Mana-Communication Headquarters,

War Ministry,

Qua-Toyne.

Leonelis Folo came back to his desk as the head of MCHQ with a cup of tea. He had been working for more than 24 hours at this point. His usual nine hour shift had gone up in smoke when that flying beast appeared over Maihark. Now he was overseeing the officers under his command and constantly monitoring communications and contacting every military and militia unit within the Principality, forwarding orders that were coming from his superiors. If the higher-ups were the brain (joke of the century), then he, his office, and his subordinates were the nervous system of the Principality's defense force.

Nonetheless, he sat down on his desk and started sifting through the orders and reports that had piled up on his desk in the short time he went to get a cuppa, for final approval. If his opinion is asked, he would be happy if he did not see any papers for the entire next month. Unfortunately, nobody asked for his opinion, so after taking a sip, relishing the warmth of the tea, he got to work.

"Sir." one officer manning the mana-communication devices called as she raised her hand up. Leonelis was sure that two hours ago, someone else was sitting there. Unlike him, his officers were still working on their usual shifts, mainly to make sure that they did not burn themselves.

"What is it?" He asked as he made his way to that device, his cup of tea still in hand.

"We have just received a priority transmission from Captain Vansen of the 2nd Fleet who are headquartered at Maihark." The officer said.

"Print it out, please." Leonelis said. As he continued taking small sips of his tea while the transmission got printed out. A few minutes later, the officer plucked out the printed transmission and handed it over to him.

As he took the transmission and leisurely read it, before his eyes widened, he left his cup, letting gravity work its magic, snapping out of his reverie when he heard a crash, followed by a shriek. The cup was on the floor, shattered, its contents all over the floor, and the officer looked at him accusingly.