Chapter 9 : A Bloody Knife

Time passes very fast . As days , week , months and finally years , the two lovebirds has already reached their final year . The longer the time passes , the deeper their love tasted . Mingyu has brought Wonwoo to meet his family , and it surprisingly ended well , though Mingyu was expecting a bad outcome since his dad extremely hates gay people , his dad managed to eradicate the hatred he had towards same sex couples and accepted Mingyu as who he is , and so does Wonwoo .

In their last semester break , Wonwoo takes Mingyu to his family next . And things didn't go as expcted , roughly saying , it didn't turn out well . Wonwoo's mother was more than happy that his son got a very handsome and tall boyfriend , but Wonwoo's father isn't happy . Also to mention , Mingyu's parent has their own companies ; while Wonwoo's mom work as a taylor , the father is a professional bladesman , not mention he's also a taekwondo and muay thai teacher , which is surprisingly a good career since his normally welded knife is globally approved , making their family gain a fortune almost every other week or day . He's also gaining money because of the village kids wanting to know how to fight . The money raised managed to let Mr. Jeon open his own taekwondo teaching center , while he teaches muay thai in his backyard . Anyways , Wonwoo's father wasn't as good with Wonwoo's relationship . Mingyu was staying at their home for 4 days , and the 3 out of 4 days felt like hell . The first day he's there , Wonwoo's father chased Mingyu 3 laps around the village with a long ass knife in his hand . Mingyu was running for his dear life , his long legs gives an advantage , but he's pretty shocked how much stamina the old man has . The second day , he's forced to wield a knife , burning his hand pretty badly . That's when Wonwoo started to be rude to his father about hurting Mingyu , giving Mr. Jeon an awestruck at his son's sudden action . The third day , the last day of Mingyu's suffering , Mr. Jeon decided to call Mingyu down and gave him a sword , so does what the old man has in his hands . He draws a line on the sand as he stands a bit far away , getting ready to fight . Wonwoo wakes up to take a morning stroll at the beach , but instantly cancelled as he sees Mingyu holding his sword in front of his neck vertically , holding it for dear life as Wonwoo's father's blade is already so close to cutting his head from his body , and the old man's strength is unbelievable as how hard he's pushing the sword . That's when Wonwoo drew the line . He ran towards the two and kicked the blade off his father's hand , scolding his father for his actions . He gets Mingyu up and started dusting off the sand stuck behind his back , so does the hair , making it look less worse as he didn't smell any hair spray from it , clearly saying he didn't do his hair . The old man's stubbornness still didn't go away , until Wonwoo threatened to never come back to the house . His mother decided to have  talk with the father , and it went well as Mingyu is gladly accepted into the family , a big apology received from Mr. Jeon .

Mingyu and Wonwoo decided to live in an off campus apartment . They lived together , feeling like they're married already . Throughout the years , ups and downs as happened in their lives . Mingyu getting into an accident , Wonwoo managing to break his hand somehow , and Mingyu getting laid off from his football team . He moved on from football and joined archery , where he can be close to Wonwoo . Mingyu did great in archery , but acts dumb so that Wonwoo would teach him . They were living their best life , until Mingyu suddenly got a bad new . His parents told him that he needs to more careful nowadays , as a company that's jealous of his dad's success has been sending around some spies , some disguised as a student in this university . Mingyu had told Wonwoo everything all about it , and Wonwoo couldn't help but to worry about Mingyu's and his own safety . They've been going out less , and decided to just stay at their apartment for the time being until things have settled down , which is far from being known when . They get groceries through delivery while Mingyu cooks for Wonwoo . Going back to reality , there they are , being driven by Mingyu into the university . He parks at the student parking lot while Mingyu gets his stuffs . Mingyu kisses Wonwoo's forehead , cupping his face .