Chapter 3: A devil in a gown?

I stopped in my tracks as I read that message.

Im back and I'm coming for you

My heart sped up. Who would be coming for me?Was this an idea of a prank? I wasn't able to tell and I knew if I lingered any longer wondering about this I would end up being late and my entire plan would flop.

I slipped my phone into my pocket and headed out to see a black car waiting outside my apartment. I stopped and looked around my surroundings to see no one approaching the car so I continued walking.

"Get in the car Miss". I turned around to see the black car following me on my trails with the window rolled down and the exact same old man from the cab earlier driving it.

Abruptly I stopped and peeked inside the car. "You?! Again?" The old man laughed heartily and got out of the car to open the back door for me.

"I don't know what you mean by again but I do know you have a venue to be at and I'm meant to escort you, so please enter".

He gestured for me to enter as I crossed my arms against my chest.

"How would you know where to take me ?"

As I questioned him my eyes flitted to the same sign attached to the car. XC. I gritted my teeth,this has to be his doing. He was provoking me by sending a car almost as though he were trying to tell me I was predictable and desperate.

"I get my orders and I follow".

"Well then take my words back to the man who gave you the order, I don't want his charity help".

I began walking on the sidewalk determined to reach there myself. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of thinking that he was right especially after he insulted me so much.

I noticed the driver driving at a slow pace and following me from behind . I ignored him and continued walking with not a care in the world.

I placed the location in Google maps and began following it. Surprisingly his place wasn't that far away and would only  take about fifteen minutes to arrive.

I used my time of walking to think about how or what I'd say when I reached there. He would probably try to seem cocky knowing I'd come, but I simply wanted the opportunity to turn him down.

It was a lame plan but it stuck with me and so I knew I'd do it. Letting a man control me and be right over it was something I'd accept with my fictional men, but over someone who insulted me the way he did... I wasn't counting on accepting that.

After following the directions I stopped as I realised I had reached. My eyes widened at the black villa surrounded by glass walls. This was a house I'd only ever fantasied about living in and here it was in-front of my very own eyes .

There was a huge gate that opened immediately as I stood in-front of it. I rubbed my arms together as I felt an eerie feeling fall over me. It was almost as though he awaited my arrival.

The driver tipped his hat to me and gestured me to further enter the house to which I did. It was huge and all the doors were wide opened  so I ventured in.

I took slow careful steps while entering reassuring myself again and again that it was not a stupid idea, but I knew from the way my heart thumped crazily that it was the worst,most stupidest idea I could have ever had.

I could still run... I could still leave and so I turned around when I heard a voice boom from above the staircase.

"You made it just as I knew you would".

I paused on my feet as I faced the door. It was too late to leave now when I had already made my presence known.

I turned around to see him shirtless and in a midnight blue dressing pants and gown. I gulped as his body came into view. It was so... perfect and defined. Almost as though a sculptor carved out every inch of his chest and abs.