CHAPTER 22: Peculiar! moody! Grumpy!

Start from the beginning

I tried to breathe normal. He is having some kind of mental breakdown. Sometimes this things happened during a prolong disease.

I slowly took my steps near him and stared into his eyes.

"I can never hate anyone.....I'm incapable of hating"- i said by looking into his eyes.

Immediately his expression softened. His eyes were not showing any anger but something mixed with guilt and fear.

Is he feeling guilty for something?

"Let's go inside"- i said him and immediately he followed my order like an obedient kid.

He sat into the chair by hanging his head low. He is completely drenched. I took a towel and his t shirt.

"Go inside the bathroom and change into this"

He took that without saying anything and moved inside the bathroom.

I looked at myself. I'm also drenched completely. I took out my kurti and went inside the bedroom.

After changing i came out of the room and saw him sitting in the chair. His hair is wet.

This man!!!!

I went near him and took the towel from his hand. I started to dry his hair with the towel. He stared at me once but didn't say anything.

I think his breakdown is over. Now he is looking like a normal person.

After drying his hair, i checked his temperature with the thermometer. He was silent not even looking at me. And I'm thankful for that. His staring always makes me uneasy.

He has fever! I was right. And that's why he was behaving that much odd.

I went to the kitchen and started to make dinner. Though i was busy in cooking but my mind is occupied with his behaviour. Something is bothering him that's for sure. But i really don't know what is that. I cannot ask him directly, he will not like my queries.

The dinner went silently. He didn't speak a word to me. I gave him medicine after the dinner and he took that without showing any tantrums. Then he went inside the bedroom and locked the door from inside.

I cleared the kitchen and then slept in the dining. I have to visit the temple from tomorrow. The villagers told me to step 1000 stairs. I have to wake up very early and go to the temple without his knowing.

My sleep broke early in the morning and after taking bathe, i wore a saree and came out of the house. One of the woman was waiting for me outside. She will help to complete this ritual. Her name is sudha. She helps in performing the ritualistic activities of village.

We moved towards the temple. We started walking through the stairs.

"The villagers will be grateful to you for this, you are really protecting them"- sudha chachi said with a smile.

I smiled back and keep walking. When we reach at the top, i was exhausted as hell. My breathing is full and i was sweating heavily. We did the worship together and i perform all the rituals exactly the same way she said.

She gave me a red thread.

"bind this to your husband's wrist...he will heal soon"

After holding the thread, a small memory crossed my mind. My mother had bind a red thread to my father's wrist. He promised her that day that he will never leave us alone. I remember his face vaguely. He has a beautiful smile on his face. Whenever he visits us, he took me on his arms and told me so many stories.

"My guddi will be a business woman one day just like her father"

"Papa, i want to be a doctor......"