Metal and Mettle (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"I-I can't say I'm truly surprised," the ancient echidna states. "I believe I understand the situation now."

"That's my good little subordinate!" Eggman pats his hand on Dimitri. "Now run along and prepare the troops for the next push from the Freedom Fighters, or Chaotix, or whatever."

Dimitri does as he was told and floats away, but glancing back his new boss with a blood red glare. On screen, Metal Y/n fires an energy blast at Scourge.

"Yes. We must prepare for the next threat."

Freedom HQ...

Back at the remains of Knothole, Sonic dodges an energy blast from Metal Y/n.

"Neither of us wants Freedom HQ destroyed!" Sonic tells his Anti. "We need to move this into the Great Wastes!"

"No way!" Scourge says as he tries to shoulder-bash Metal Sonic. "I'm not giving these things an inch!"

"Scourge? Hon?" Fiona calls from inside the HQ. "Do you want us to step in?"

"You sayin' I can't handle this?" Scourge asks his girlfriend, taking his eyes off of Metal Sonic.

Sonic's metal copy goes to grab him, only to be kicked away by Sonic.

"She's saying these things are tough, and you could use a hand!" Sonic declares. "Honestly, it's like you're completely new at this."

"Get off my back, Blue," the green menace barks. "There aren't any 'Metals' on my world. Yeah, so thanks for the save back there."

Sonic gets rammed by Metal Y/n, his face crashing into the ground as he gets dragged through it.

"Don't expect me to return the favor," Scourge crosses his arms with a smirk before he feels something wrap around his leg. "Hm?"

He looks down to see a Metal Sonic's metal claw grab him.

"Ah, shi--"

He gets lifted off of his feet and thrown into a wall.

From a hole made by Metal Y/n's energy blast, Miles watches the fight with an intentive look on his feet.

"You've got that look again, Miles," Boomer tells the twin-tailed fox. "What's on your mind?"

"A curiosity. While I'm quite content to watch two 'Sonics' bludgeoned into nothing," Miles says, "I can't help but notice Sonic's selflessness. He is wholly committed to the greater good."

Sonic notices Scourge being pinned down by his metal copy, taking his eyes off of Metal Y/n and Spin Attacking the Badnik away.

"Regardless of who is involved."

"Careful with what you say, Miles. That's got a twinge of reason to it," Alicia tells the boy genius. "You've seen it all. You know we don't want to cross Scourge."

"Oui," Patch agrees and holds the eye where his eyepatch was. "I remember when zis eyepatch was just for show."

"Yeah," Boomer says. "We're lucky Anarchy is more kindhearted towards us. And I think that's the scary part."

"Oui," Patch says. "We are lucky he listens to you, princesse."

Alicia scoffs and looks away, absent-mindedly rubbing the ring on her finger.

"I'm merely observing that with Sonic present, it wouldn't take much to tip the scales of war in either direction," Miles points out.

The Suppression Squad join Miles at the hole and look out. And they begun to realize... that he was right.