Final Chapter

Start bij het begin

Everyone froze. They expected someone older, life broken, a malicious-looking villain. But here stood a young girl, her long green hair recently having been cut yet still trailing near her ankles flowed freely in the soft spring breeze. Most criminals they assumed were executed in prison clothes, but she walked forward in a deep black and purple dress accented in traces of gold, the train of the dress long, nearly the distance from the front of the stage where she stood at the back of the stage near the stairs. Her head was held high no trace of regret in her slightly clouded eyes. She didn't look like what they thought a villain was meant to look like, instead, she took their breath away. Nearly three feet tall but regal. She looked like a queen. No. She looked like a goddess, there to cleanse the world.
The former class A was already on the brink of tears, remembering all the times they watched as she adjusted her school uniform too make it just a bit more ruffly, her victorian style hero costume covered top to bottom in glitter and ruffles.
Watching on the television was the former League of Villains, all of them split across the world, their mission having been a bust despite the countless attempts to bring down hero society. Tears pricked at their eyes, memories flashing forward in their vision.
Her and Dabi fighting over food.
Girl dates with her and Himiko.
Piggyback rides with the ever tsundere Tomura.
Movies and cuddles with Kurogiri.
Late-night murders, their bodies covered in blood yet laughs coming from their mouths.
Post murder towel forts in the bathroom while she and Himiko waited for the boys to bring them their clothes.
The memories burned in their hearts but they knew there was nothing to do and they remembered when she said not to come for her. This was what she wanted.

Noriko didn't plan to be an execution that was soon forgotten. She had an ideal to spread and she was being given the perfect stage to do so. Using her one request she wore the clothes she had always dreamed of, not the ones that most girls would dream of, a pristine, glowing white wedding gown. But something filled with ruffles, victorian, and suited for the occasion. Purple was complementary to her vivid green hair. Gold befitted a queen. Black was tailor-made in hell just for funerals. It was positively poisonous.
She had her hair cleaned and cut while she was putting on one of the most elegant gowns she had ever seen.
She was going to burn her image into every onlooker's eyes and she was going to do it head held high, regal, and looking her very best.

"The accused is given the final chance to address the audience," the man said.
He was standing behind her yet still not daring to tread on her dress. Not because of fear of her, but rather of the dress itself, because it was indeed poisonous, radioactive in such a way that it targeted everyone but her in a fast-acting deadly way, but to herself in a much slower more painful way. Not that she was trying to punish herself, because she saw nothing wrong with what she did, to her, the killings and massacres were just like breathing. She had no regrets. Rather they were giving her a time limit. She would know when it would kill her and so she would say what she had to say leaving just enough time for her executioner to order her death. But she would already be dead, she refused to give the heroes the satisfaction of killing her.
"I have no regrets" she started, the crowd soured at her words, "Everyone chooses something to do with their lives, chooses what their fate will be. In this society, it is often a hero, someone to protect everyone else. But me? No, I chose to be a villain because the word 'Hero' has lost its meaning. Every hero I killed wasn't random, my first kill was when I was four. A hero I saw on the television captured a homeless man, ridding the streets of a 'scourge' who stole an apple and gave it to a starving child which resulted in his capture. This man smiled in joy as people congratulated him for condemning a man who was denied a sliver of human decency his whole life, when I went on raids the heroes intended to take down large areas of slums, to wipe those people from existence and the history books, One was a hero so they could swipe money from drug busts complaining when they thought they could have taken more, another I killed moments before they tried to rape an eight-year-old girl. These people stood before you calling themselves Heroes while in reality, they may have been the real scum of the earth. Even All Might the world's symbol of peace lied to you all, pretending to be something he wasn't, maybe he saved thousands but how many did he fail to save? Ask yourselves, is it possible that I saved more people by killing these heroes than heroes have since I started killing them? You may choose the fate of a hero, but the villains will rise in this new era, and they will claim this fate you have chosen, and send you to the dirt. 'You set the die that day, now your fate is mine'" she concluded. Taking a single breath, the poison in her dress spreading pain through her entire body.
"I am ready to die," she said slowly, giving enough time for the young man in the corner to ask if she was ready moments beforehand.
The light that was in her eyes her entire life was extinguished with a command from one of the prior one A class students, "take the outstretched sword and slit your stomach" Shinsou had tears streaming down his face as he commanded that one of his best friends in the world kill herself. He was both her friend and her executioner.
Noriko's mother's wailing increased as her young daughter soundlessly took a large Japanese-style katana. It was slightly rusted and had a little blood left from whatever other poor wretched soul had last met its blade. Her arms brought the blade close to her body, closer and closer, it was seconds from her black and purple bodice when she collapsed. The sword was discarded, falling over the side of the stage nearly impaling a nearby audience member. She slumped forward eyes closing lightly, almost as if she had simply fallen asleep on her feet and fallen over, but a few of the men on stage knew. She was dead.
They had agreed to add the poison to her dress in hopes that it would merely add pain to her death and having been friends with many of her victims they were more than happy to pile on her pain. But she was smarter than they all thought, she had killed herself before they could kill her.
Shinou breathed out shakily, he hadn't killed her, she was dead and it burned, but he hadn't killed her. Though the matter seemed trivial since either way she was still dead, and it was the heroes fault. It seethed inside him, the allure of villainhood and revenge drawing him in like a warm comforting fire on a cold day.
But he would remain a hero. He would be the hero that even she would approve of, take on her legacy while remaining among those of the light.
Many, however, fell to that fire, drawn in and enveloped by its comforting flames.

That night the symbol of peace died, his power extinguished years ago and his hourglass empty he passed away in his sleep. It was a new era. Deku's graduation springing forth light and spreading it for the world. Noriko's death surging forth the new generation, it struck the match for a revolution. Deku will be the symbol of peace. Noriko would be the symbol of war.