episode four

girl in the woods

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

   THE RAIN CAME DOWN HARD AS THE PARTY WANDERED THROUGH THE WOODS

   THE RAIN CAME DOWN HARD AS THE PARTY WANDERED THROUGH THE WOODS. It was getting harder and harder to hear anything and Sam grew worried they wouldn't be able to hear if they somehow found the missing boy.
"Will!" They yelled over the torrential storm. Their clothes were soaked through, each party member shivered every once and a while.
"Byers!" Lucas cupped his hands over his mouth.
"I've got your X-Men 134!" Dustin informed before turned back to his friends. "Guys, I really think that we should turn back."
"Seriously, Dustin?" The Sinclair boy sighed. "You wanna be a baby, then go home already."
"I'm just being realistic, Lucas!" Dustin countered in his own defense.
"No, your just being a big sissy." Lucas insulted.
"Okay, calm down. It's just nerves. No need to argue." Sam shushed their bickering.
"Did you stop to ever think Will went missing because he ran into something bad?" The youngest Henderson picked right back up. "And we're going to the exact same spot where he was last seen? And we have no weapons or anything?"
"Dustin, shut up." Mike finally spoke, Sam just sighed as she swore under her breath.
"I'm just saying, does that seem smart to you?" The curly haired boy yelled over the rain patter.
"Shut up. Shut up." Mike said again, coming to a stop. There was a quick rustling right in front of them.
"Do you guys hear that?" Mike asked the group as quietly as he could. Something rustled again and they turned to the left. There was a faint screeching.
"Boys, get behind me." Sam said as she held her light in front of her. The three obeyed without a word and all held onto her jean loops.
Once more, something rustled and they turned around quickly. All of their flashlights landing on a young girl. She had buzzed hair and a large yellow shirt on. Her face was puffy and red as if she had been crying. Sam breathed out in relief at the sight of a child and not a kidnapper.
"Holy shit." The blonde then muttered, coming to her senses. What was a kid doing out here anyway?
"Move, Mike." The Henderson girl pushed past the boy. When she stepped forward, a twig under her foot snapped and the girl flinched harshly.
"No, no. It's okay." Sam held her hand out. Without turning away, she passed her flashlight and book bag to the boys before taking off her jacket.
"Here, you've gotta be cold. This will make you warmer, okay? It's okay, I won't hurt you." The blonde teen smiled softly.
The younger girl stepped forward and gently took the jacket, wrapping it around herself. Sam glanced down and saw she was barefoot.
"Guys, we should get going." The babysitter glanced over her shoulder. The boys shared a glance before looking back at the girl. They nodded and began moving forward quickly.

-

   BACK AT THE WHEELER RESIDENCE, THE GROUP SNUCK THEIR STOWAWAY INTO THE BASEMENT.
"Is there a number we can call for you?" Sam kneeled in front of the girl who now sat on the couch.
"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asked with a gasp. Sam turned around and smacked her brothers leg to shut him up.
"Did you run away?" Lucas inquired next.
"Are you in trouble?" Sam turned back to the girl.
"Is that blood?" The Sinclair boy reached forward, Mike slapped his hand away quickly with a scoff.
"Stop that! Your freaking her out." The Wheeler boy accused.
"She freaking me out!" Lucas defended and crossed his arms.
"I bet she's def." Dustin piped back in. He turned towards the girl and clapped his hands loudly, she flinched back with a silent gasp.
"Not def." He shrugged.
"Okay, stop. What is wrong with you?" Sam stood up and turned to them. "She's cold and scared. Mike, do you have anything dry she can wear?"
The boy in question walked over to a basket of laundry and grabbed dark blue sweatshirt and light colored sweatpants.
"Here, these are clean." He passed them to the girl. She took them slowly and wiped a bit of her face off.
She then placed them next to her before shrugging Sam's jacket off. Just then, the girl stood and grabbed the bottom of the shirt. She was about to undress when Lucas and Dustin turned around quickly.
"Oh!" Lucas gasped.
"Oh, my god! Oh, my god!" Dustin shielded his eyes. Mike waved his hands quickly to stop her.
"See over there?" He pointed across the room. "That's - that's the bathroom. Privacy, get it?"
The girl looked distressed, so Sam jumped in before she broke down. 
"Okay, come on hun." The blonde grabbed the clothes and held her hand out for the girl to take. Slowly, she placed her shaking hand into Sam's. The Henderson teen helped the girl over the pile of toys on the floor and led her to the bathroom. The girl looked around like it was a new concept for her.
"Here you go." Sam smiled kindly, handing the bundle of clothes to the girl. She took them slowly and turned. The older teen went to close the door when the girls hand shot out and stopped the door from closing completely.
"You don't want it closed?" Sam furrowed her eyebrows as she spoke.
"No." The girl mumbled.
"Okay, how about we just crack it." The Henderson teen showed the girl. "How's that? Better?"
"Yes."
"Okay. I'll be over there. You can come out when you're done." Sam put her hands in her jeans pockets and walked away.

"This is mental, even for Sam." Dustin pointed out when his sister walked back to them.
"At least she can talk." Mike shrugged, trying to look on the brighter side of this situation.
"She said 'No' and 'Yes'." Lucas rolled his eyes. "Your three year old sister says more."
"She tried to get naked." Dustin reminded.
"There's something seriously wrong with her." The Sinclair boy shook his head.
"Like what? She's just confused." Sam scrunched her wet hair. "I could say there's something wrong with you too."
"Wrong in the head." Lucas smacked the Henderson girls arm.
"She just went..." Dustin trailed off, mimicking what the girl had done only moments ago, knocking his hat off.
"I bet she escaped from Pennhurst." Lucas continued, ignoring the curly haired boy.
"From where?" Mike sighed in confusion and borderline exhaustion.
"The nut house in, uhm..." The Sinclair boy stoped to think about it.
"Kerley County." Sam crossed her arms over her chest and leaned against the desk behind her.
"Yeah, Kerley County." Lucas pointed to the girl in agreement.
"You got a lot of family up there?" Dustin smirked and he joked.
"Bite me." Lucas rolled his eyes. "Seriously though, think about it. That would explain why her head is shaved and why she's so crazy."
"Why she went like..." The Henderson boy mimicked the movement again in agreement. Sam smacked her brother upside the head.
"She's an escapee, is the point. She's probably psycho." Lucas continued his ramblings.
"Like Michael Myers." Dustin said with wide eyes as it clicked.
"Exactly! We should have never brought her here." Lucas motioned to the bathroom the girl was still in.
"Come on, Sinclair. It was storming. We couldn't just leave her." Sam countered, huffing out a breath.
"Yeah, we could have." Lucas's voice rose. "We went to go find Will, not another problem."
"I think we should tell your mom." Dustin glanced to Mike.
"I second that." Lucas put his hands on his hips.
"Who's crazy now?" Mike glanced at the two.
"How is that crazy?" Lucas furrowed his eyebrows.
"We weren't supposed to be out tonight, remember?" Mike practically rolled his eyes.
"So?" Lucas shrugged.
"So, if I tell my mom and she tells your mom and your mom." Mike looked to the Henderson's.
"Oh man." Dustin gulped.
"Yeah, no can do." Sam shook her head.
"Our houses become Alcatraz." Lucas caught on with a grumble.
"Exactly. We'll never find Will." Mike finished and the room got silent. Dustin looked to Lucas and made the motion again. Sam sighed and kicked the back of her brothers knee. He almost fell before he caught himself, cutting his eyes at her sharply.
"Alright, here's the plan." Sam stood and began to pace. "She'll sleep here tonight," She looked at Mike for confirmation and the boy nodded.
"You're letting a girl-" Dustin raised his eyebrows with a shocked smile playing on his lips.
"Just listen!" Mike tried to calm his friend down.
"In the morning, she can sneak around the house and ring the bell. Karen will answer and she'll know what to do. See? No problem." Sam stopped pacing, her eyebrows raised as she waited for their reactions.
"Yeah, she'll send her back to Pennhurst, or wherever she came from and we'll be in the clear. Then, we can go back out and this time, we'll find Will." Mike added.

chapter four
girl in the woods