ch6 maddie-in-chief

your pov

14:00 EVER AFTER HIGH

"everyone at school is buzzing about the royal student council elections," blondie says as me, maddie and raven watch her blog on raven i-pad, on the steps of the school. "but there's only on choice for president. she's running unopposed. again. apple white,"

apple walks onto the screen. 

"blondie, just because i don't have an opponent doesn't mean i'm going to work my crown off," apple says. "i'll use my debate time to outline my plan for royal dances, royal fundraises, royal can food-drives, royal- "

"royal bleh," i start. 

"and royal blah and royal na, na, na," raven finishes, making me laugh. "wouldn't it be great if someone else..."

"i'll do it. i will run against apple for president," maddie says, i look at maddie with a smile.

"go for it, mads!"

"uh, what now?"

~

"vote for maddie! vote for me!" maddie says, scaring the three little pigs. 

"hats over crowns," raven says, passing out pins.

"vote for maddie," i say, seeing dex walk up to me. 

"oh, uh, hey, y/n-"

"dexter!" maddie smiles. "vote for me!" she slams a pin into his chest, making me and raven wince. 

"ow-i mean ow boy," dex says with a dry chuckle. "thanks so much for that pin-ow..."

~

"so here we go, fellow fairytales!" blondie says as we are all in the charmatorium. "the ever after high royal student council debate. first question goes to apple white. why would anyone not vote for you?"

"let me just say, i will provide for this school, like i will this future kingdom," apple says. "perfectly," the royals cheer as i sit in-between raven and cedar and look over to them. 

"and maddie," blondie says.  "my question for you is: why would you run against apple? are you-" blondie laughs in the middle of her sentence. "mad?"

"why yes and thank you for noticing," maddie says. "if the squirrel eats acorns and never escapes, how much water fills up the lake?"

i look at raven and she chuckles at our best friend but we all, the rebels, cheer for maddie.

"excuse me?" ashlynn says, standing up and putting her hands on her hips. 

"you heard us!" cedar says. 

"apple's been president long enough," hunter says. 

"maddie's mad!"  dex says. it's ends up in an argument; royals vs rebels. 

"quiet!" maddie yells, slamming her hands on the podium. everyone looks at her, apple and blondie shocked at her yelling. "i've just had a tea-riffic idea!"