Chapter 41 : Nevertheless

Start from the beginning

I looked at Az with widened eyes and he gaped back at me. It was a wonder that Zach didn't get castrated for touching her.

I pressed the door bell and nervously waited.

And within a few short seconds, the door flew open to reveal a pretty mid aged woman with beautiful chocolate coloured skin and curly black hair. She was the exact replica of Ellie.

"Are you Willow and Melantha?" She asked, her brown eyes filled with tears.

"Yes. You must be Mrs. Samuels?" I asked with a small smile.

"Yes dear, come in." She said and ushered us in. The interior was just as beautiful as the exterior but I really couldn't appreciate it in this situation as she led us to the large living room where a tall, pale man sat with his head in his hands and an almost empty bottle of whiskey next to him.

He snapped his head to survey as through beady, narrowed eyes and scoffed as Mrs. Samuels urged us to sit.

"Our only daughter is missing and you're making her so called friends be comfortable and all?" He snapped, spitting out the word 'friends' as if it was something disgusting.

All of us stiffened and I squeezed Azrael's hand as he opened his mouth, no doubt to snap back.

"John!" Mrs. Samuels gasped and smiled at us apologetically.

"What?! You want me to fucking thank them for helping that brat run away with that bastard?" He yelled.

Ran away?

"We're not sure of anything yet, John! So don't go around throwing accusations at them." Mrs. Samuels spoke firmly, glaring at him.

He huffed and surveyed Az and Zach who sat stiffly next to us.

"Why? Did y'all elope too?" He sneered at them.

It was one thing to insult me and Mel and then he had to audacity to turn to them?

"We didn't have to. Our fathers are quite understanding, unlike some who like to act like toddlers. They don't throw tantrums just because they didn't have it their way." I said, my tone was unnaturally icy, even to my own ears.

Mel snorted.

"Oh, you think you can talk back to me, girl?! That's how you boys nowadays like it, don't you? Fiesty little bi-" Azrael was up in a flash, his jaw clenched and eyes blazing with anger and Zach followed. Both of them looking ready to murder someone, specifically the drunk man sitting in front of us. I went on to stop him but before I could a voice stopped us,

"Mr. Samuels, CEO of the Samuels corporation. You're company is a sinking boat and on top of that several cases of verbal as well as physical abuse which you covered up with your money. One call and I could destroy you once and for all, John. So speak very carefully. I understand you're grieving and worried but there's a limit," Mel said quietly, her eyes blazing with cold fire.

"You little-" he started but I cut him off, turning to a wide eyed Mrs. Samuels, "Mrs. Samuels please put a leash on your husband before I let them," I jutted my chin towards Az and Zach, "do it and I can't guarantee that it'll be completely pain free."

She nodded frantically and pulled him up, escorting him away and returned a few minutes later alone. Good.

"Can we please know what happened?" I asked her politely as soon as she sat down in front of us.

She nodded, "Yesterday morning we had a fight again, I assume El told you about how John didn't approve of her boyfriend. And I can't quite convince him because I agree too, he's quite old for our Elena and anyway her father was actually planning to marry her off to one of his colleague's son. He's a good guy and John told her about it......and well, they fought and Ellie went out without us knowing and she's not back yet. Her phone and her shoes were left outside." She finished, her eyes once again hazy with tears.