CHAPTER 19: New me, is Safer then the old

Authors Note: there's going to be a switched pov within this chapter btw

I also was listening to this song while writing this chapter so enjoy :)

Alex POV:

As Dre was pulling me along the long Corridor's to the lunchroom, the doors opened and the person looked up, I really have bad luck today don't I. Once the person looked up I noticed her familiar red curly hair, it was Devin. I quickly released and pulled my hand from Dre's, and pulled myself together so nothing would look out the ordinary and lead her to think the wrong idea. Even though it might be so. Devin looked up and saw me and Dre just standing adjacent to her and looked between both us, until her eyes settled on me. "I was looking everywhere for you, I even texted you, but when I saw you didn't respond , I got worried and left to go look for you" Devin was staring at me with worry. I thought of something quick, to ease her worrying mind. " uhh my bad, I'm sorry dev, I was caught up talking to Mr. Bronco about my grades for his class, and ran into Dre on the way". I gave an awkward smile and began to rub the back of my neck. Devin just gave me a soft smile and nodded, i then saw her small hands reach for mines as in she wanted me to go together with her back to lunch, I figured she wanted to so, I grabbed her hand back and followed her along inside the cafeteria, as we walked I silently looked back to where I once stood with Dre and saw it. He was just standing there, steady glaring at Devin hands intertwined with mines and Devin herself. He was really mad because he's jaw was tightening. I just looked away and continued the walk.

We walked in the lunchroom and I said hi to the guys, and sat down at our usual table with the now apparent guest, to our spot which was Devin, as we sat everyone said their greeting's to Devin and presumed there convos with one another. As me and Devin began to talk and chat more, our convo was filled with laughter and giggles, which ended up being put to a holt, when it became apparent that Dre has entered the lunchroom, by the way all the girls where fawning over him, and the guys murmuring how cool he is.

I realized I was staring mighty hard at him, and quickly turned away, making my eyes return to Devin. I flashed her a smile, and picked up my drink to take a sip. Remaining forward for awhile, suddenly interested in the tiny bit of gum on the wall. Until I heard Cam call out to Dre, who's now darting his way over to the table. Everybody makes room for him, and he ends up sitting rt. in front of me and Devin. 🤦🏾‍♀️ I swear, I didn't want this to happen, now I gotta act all happy right now. I removed my eyes that was staring at the wall, towards Dre and I locked eyes with his, you could really tell he was not feeling it, and the look of anger was heavily plastered all over his face. Especially since I told him, I'll end things with Devin. But I really couldn't just do that to her right now, in these circumstances that has come. I mean we just started seeing each other, how would that make me look, right like a fucking jerk. So despite me telling Dre I would, for right now it's a no, but eventually I will.

Mason Pov:
After that day with princess... I mean Lincoln. Damn I got to stop doing that. I gotta start to realize we ain't going to be nothing, well like I said after that day in the closet with him, I got my confirmation. Maybe it's best I do my own thing, and go on and do me. I can't force nobody to like me, and thats that. So for the past couple of days I just been chill, hanging out with the guys and talking to new peps like nothing ever happened. Even though occasionally I catch Lincoln glancing at me with this look, I can't really tell what it is, but hey Imma let it be, and chose to ignore it for once.

I'm currently in my statistics class, which I coincidencely have with Lincoln, and Xavier. I'm just here chatting up with Xavier. I'm glad that things went down good with him and Tobes, but I'm not sure if their actually together or they go with each other. But either way I'm here for it. After a while we decided to focus on the assignment. I felt this feeling like someone was dead watching me, putting a hole in my head, I quickly turned my head across the room and caught Lincoln staring right at me, as soon as I caught him he quickly turned his face. And as he turned I caught a slight blush on his face. I just don't get him. He say something and do the opposite of what he had said. I didn't wanna dwindle on it too much, so I just went back to work on my packet until the bell rung. Once class was over I immediately got up, handing in my packet and left, I saw one of my friends Mckyla and decided to chat with her for a bit, because I haven't gotten to catch up with her. 

I walked up to her locker, as she was putting her books into it, and gave her a hug. Mckyla was hesitant to hold on to me back, until she turned her head to the side and saw me. "Omg Mase, I haven't seen your ass in mad long, what's up". She said that alongside turning around and giving me a big hug. I really missed her, we haven't gotten to talk for a couple of weeks now, with her being on the cheer team, and getting ready for national competition, are school has every year. I hugged her back even tighter. "Hey M sorry I haven't gotten the chance to step aside and actually hang out with you. Things with me has been really been complicated and frustrating to say the least". M gave me a soft smile and nodded, and spoke. " I'm sorry as well mase, I guess we both been neglecting the friendship, but how about we skip next period and go and grab a bite, and it's definitely my treat". I looked up from my hands and smiled wide. "Yeah lets go ahead, we dead only have one more period anyways so why not".  I grabbed her hand in mine and we walked hand and hand leaving the school. But on my way out and the grimace of my eyes I seen Lincoln storm off angry.

----///------////////----/---////--/////-----/_

What y'all think of this chapter so far 😌, do y'all agree with how Mason acted towards Link, and how do y'all like Mckyla being added into the bunch.