Month 12

(Week 45 - 48)

It was early April when the day finally came for Lumi Garmadon's first birthday. The monastery was under the control of Pixal and Jay as they took charge of the decorations, food, and party planning.

"Kai, Cole, you better be careful with that cake!" Pixal called out, spotting the boys walking into the monastery with a large box of cake in their grasp.

"Wait," Cole paused and eyed the box. "We've been moving the cake?"

Kai narrowed his eyes at Pixal. "Yes. But it's for Lumi."

"But—"

"Move it or lose it, Master of Earth!" This time it was Jay nagging them. "We don't have all day."

"Alright, alright."

Through the halls in the inside of the monastery of Spinjitzu, little Lumi Garmadon ran past every door. Her white-blonde hair tied up in small pigtails, as she was dressed in a set of striped pajamas.

"Come! Come!" She called, looking back to check if Nya was still following her.

They all took a collective vote and had decided that Nya would be the one to distract Lumi from all the party planning that was going on before she started opening all the presents.

What Nya didn't expect was that they would start decorating as early as eight in the morning.

"Lumi, your parents are still sleeping." Nya whined, trailing behind the child in her own set of pajamas and a pair of bunny slippers to cover her feet. She stopped to yawn in the middle of the hallway.

Lumi ignored her and tugged at her robes. "Come!"

They both stood in front of the double doors that lead to Lloyd's room—which was now declared as the small family's room—and Lumi wasted no time in sliding the doors open.

Nya's eyes widened at how the girl knew how to do that. Although for her, it was quite expected that the little girl was bright given her mother and father's intellect.

She shook her head and leaned against the doorframe, watching Lumi climb onto the bed to wake up her parents. She tried shaking them but neither bothered to wake up.

Knowing there wasn't another way to get them to wake up, Lumi threw herself at them, making her parents groan at the impact. Nya simply chuckled and shook her head.

"Mama! Up! Up!" Lumi exclaimed, shaking Harumi's sleeping figure—which was pressed up against Lloyd. When she didn't respond, Lumi moved to her dad. "Dada! Up! Up!"

Lloyd groaned and without opening his eyes he said, "Lumi, relax." His voice was raspy as he pulled Harumi closer to him. "Let mommy and daddy sleep."

"No!" Their daughter protested and squirmed to get in the space between them.

Harumi rubbed her eyes and pulled her daughter into a cuddle, resting her cheek on her small tummy. "What's wrong, Lu?"

"Up! Up!"

Lloyd chuckled, finally pulling himself away from sleep. "I think someone is excited for today."

Harumi caught on and smiled at her daughter. "Really? But what's so special about today?"

"Lulu borthday!" Lumi cheered, raising her arms in the air.

"It's your birthday?" Harumi asked, a playful smile forming on her face. "But I thought that was tomorrow?"

"No! No! Now, mama." Lumi insisted and turned to Lloyd. "Dada! Birthday!"

Lloyd prompted his elbow on the bed and rested his head on his hand. He eyed Harumi from across their daughter, letting out a chuckle when he saw her shake her head.